Earning a living...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigurros

Mar 11, 2007
Old_Lady1.jpg

any comments?

to me, you've attempted to add a dark mood to the picture, but there are some imbalances that contrast the attempt IMHO:

1. the road, with an end, suggests a turn ahead, literally and figuratively
2. the lady's clothes (top) and bunned up hair could make her an aunty or even stewardess moving house...
3. the boxes are still in good shape/ form and hardly look like collected scrap, which is normally folded and stacked
4. the well-manicured kerb top of frame doesn't help
5. her face is missing, so doesn't help to tell that she's someone who depends on collecting and pushing scrap for a living

hope this helps
:)

this is something i shot in Little India many moons ago, to share with you:
PICT0048.JPG

your picture is too small. maybe need some originality. :)

Sorry guys, but how did u do the frame in the 1st photo to make it look like a postcard. i cant seem to do that in Photoshop 7.0.:dunno:

Sorry guys, but how did u do the frame in the 1st photo to make it look like a postcard. i cant seem to do that in Photoshop 7.0.:dunno:

this question has been asked 192369728569032184 number of times. just when i think that nobody is gonna ask it, someone does :confused: check the links on CS home-page, spoon-feedee..

i like the sneak-up feel of this photo, maybe a change in the picture title?

i personally would name it , "heading for the turning point" or something along those lines.

to me, you've attempted to add a dark mood to the picture, but there are some imbalances that contrast the attempt IMHO:

1. the road, with an end, suggests a turn ahead, literally and figuratively
2. the lady's clothes (top) and bunned up hair could make her an aunty or even stewardess moving house...
3. the boxes are still in good shape/ form and hardly look like collected scrap, which is normally folded and stacked
4. the well-manicured kerb top of frame doesn't help
5. her face is missing, so doesn't help to tell that she's someone who depends on collecting and pushing scrap for a living

hope this helps
:)

this is something i shot in Little India many moons ago, to share with you:
PICT0048.JPG

I agree with some of your comments, however, I would like to complement the original poster for a clean and clear subject.

I find it very obnoxious of you to post a pic of YOURS which you FEEL is superior. :thumbsd:
learn some manners.

I agree with some of your comments, however, I would like to complement the original poster for a clean and clear subject.

I find it very obnoxious of you to post a pic of YOURS which you FEEL is superior. :thumbsd:
learn some manners.

where did i say that? :think: it was just a pic to share, i don't even think that pic is worthy of being called a photograph, but it was just to share the basis of my comments. who are you to judge me?

sorry did you write a book of how worthy a photograph should be... i forgive you for your inability to accept the 'worthiness' of others photos...

sorry did you write a book of how worthy a photograph should be... i forgive you for your inability to accept the 'worthiness' of others photos...

kool down! I think trigger-happy's intentions are good..and he was just questioning the worthiness of his own photo that he has posted (and not ur photo).

the key is to be humble and learn. Cheers!

sorry for the misunderstanding i think beauty lies in the eye of the beholder....

Personally, I love the post process.

If TS can make a short series of this theme with similar PP, it would make it a more dynamic storyline.

In my opinion, both shots are great, they project the subject well, that is "life is hard". When I look at these people, it always lead me to the next question, is there a turning point for them and how? :cry:
But on the other hand, these people are making an honest living. They are contributing to the green environment :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.