DSLR with Live LCD Feed!!

How would a Live Feed LCD DSLR affect my buying patterns..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why is it so difficult to look thru the viewfinder??

actually I think it is useful but not critical.

I thought waist height pictures are quite nice and I find myself kneeling on numerous occasions.

I think it will be MUCH better than zigview... it for one uses a SEPERATE 8 MEG CCD to do the live feed. Supposedly the same CCD as the one found in oly 8M P&S.

But I think oly got the pricing all wrong as this DSLR will be priced above entry level ones.... If only it competes at the entry level DSLR, it could be a big factor for P&S upgraders. P&S upgraders usually buy entry level DSLRs...

I like live LCD feed, and I like one that can twist and turn and take self portrait even better.

wind30 said:

I thought waist height pictures are quite nice and I find myself kneeling on numerous occasions.

haha...agreed!

zen2046_1138608186.jpg

well at least its a somesort of an 'innovative' way to get people to use olympus's product. how often do you hear of a 'live lcd feed' dslr? haha. just my opinion.

wind30 said:

I think it will be MUCH better than zigview... it for one uses a SEPERATE 8 MEG CCD to do the live feed. Supposedly the same CCD as the one found in oly 8M P&S.

But I think oly got the pricing all wrong as this DSLR will be priced above entry level ones.... If only it competes at the entry level DSLR, it could be a big factor for P&S upgraders. P&S upgraders usually buy entry level DSLRs...
Is it confirm using separate 8MP CCD for the Live LCD Feed, I think that over kill, and increase the cost tremendously :sweat:

Chris Lim said:
UH guys, did you all know there is something called a Zig View? it is an attachable lcd preview monitor attachable to the Viewfinder.

I supposed the problem is that this viewer will not reflect ISO settings, exposure settings or even White Balance. The point I presumed, most users want out of live preview, is those features, so they don't have to "trial and error".

live feed is good. gives more options to different shooting styles but I hate the battery sucking part.

Good uses of livefeed on a tiltable screen:
- shooting at ground level.. how much can you contort yourself to place your camera on the floor to shoot. Often, encountered by macro shooters snapping insect on ground.
- shooting above eye level. typical shooting in streets when you just put your cam above head in a crowd and shoot what's in front.
- putting the cam at waist level and snipe at scenes discreetly for street shooting
- mounted on a telescope for astro-photos graphs. the scope is pointed to a fixed position and you have to bend yourself at a very awkward angle trying to focus the scope. (you got to try it to know the pain, i failed :cry: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.