DSLR Nikon Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

winzee

Apr 17, 2008
Hey guys

i just got a D90

any good DSLR book to recommend to readup for beginners to intermediate?

Thanks!!

I find this one of the best books to start with...

HWM MegaGuide: Digital Photography
http://www.hardwaremag.com/megaguide/

The above gives you the basics... and from there, you can get books depending on what you want...

Books by Michael Freeman, Bryan Peterson are good :)

Last edited:
I find this one of the best books to start with...

HWM MegaGuide: Digital Photography
http://www.hardwaremag.com/megaguide/

The above gives you the basics... and from there, you can get books depending on what you want...

Books by Michael Freeman, Bryan Peterson are good :)

This is a very good book for all the shutter bugs, I do own one.Enjoy your reading.cheers.:)

One of the best place to get photography books is Riceball at FUNAN Level 1, opp TImes bookshop.

Bryan Peterson has an excellent book on Exposure, which i highly recommend to any photographer.

you guys rock!

really appreciate the help!

Last edited:
Hey guys

i just got a D90

any good DSLR book to recommend to readup for beginners to intermediate?

Thanks!!
check out National Library and even online videos. But the most important book you should read first is the camera manual.

check out National Library and even online videos. But the most important book you should read first is the camera manual.

haha yeah been reading it.. need abit more..

ohnow! there's no place selling HWM's MegaGuide: Digital Photography

and i heard "Understanding Exposures" by byran peterson is also not available anywhere

hmm.. i tried riceball also dun have.. any idea where else?

Vivocity Page 1 is selling Understanding Exposure at 20% off.
That is a good book to start with. U can also try Rick Sammon's Complete Guide to Digital Photography.

Thanks man!
heh!

okok now for the HWM MegaGuide: Digital Photography.. hmm

hi, I also just gotten my D90. Just like to know if there are any other places selling the HWM Mega Guide? Thanks!

Books 2 Get: Really helped me a load when I first started out.

The D90 guide books will be released around Feb, next year. And at the mean time, definitely read your manual first to understand more about the different features available at your fingertips.

Basic Exposure: Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson

Shutter Speed: Understanding Shutter Speed by Bryan Peterson

Composition: The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos by Michael Freemen

Flash: Nikon Creative Lighting System Digital Field Guide

Adding another book on photoshop also won't hurt I guess. ;)

is he credible?

you must be really new to the DSLR/photography scene...

this guy is highly regarded in the online/internet world when it comes to Nikon stuff...

2 weeks back I got the book: Mastering Digital Photograpy from Michael Freeman from borders. I think this is a compilation for his 3 previous books (B&W, colours, Lighting). It is only selling at $70++. Very value for money and a great guide for beginners.

I think there is also a promotion going on in Dec at borders that if you buy above $80 or about, you get $10 vouchers that you can redeem in January.

Last edited:
2 weeks back I got the book: Mastering Digital Photograpy from Michael Freeman from borders. I think this is a compilation for his 3 previous books (B&W, colours, Lighting). It is only selling at $70++. Very value for money and a great guide for beginners.

I think there is also a promotion going on in Dec at borders that if you buy above $80 or about, you get $10 vouchers that you can redeem in January.

This is a very good photography book. You can get it also at Compbook store at Funan or order it online at http://www.compbook.com.sg @ $69

Status
Not open for further replies.