Dry cabinet question

indels

Feb 13, 2011
I just brought a dry cabinet (digi cabi) ytd so wonder wat level of humidity should i set that is best for my camera stuffs? Can i put my battery, charger and SD card into the cabinet?

I just brought a dry cabinet (digi cabi) ytd so wonder wat level of humidity should i set that is best for my camera stuffs? Can i put my battery, charger and SD card into the cabinet?
Your camera manual has a page about storage conditions. Found the booklet in the box? Some makers only include the pdf document on CD/DVD.
Read the manual, read it multiple times.. you'll need it for more questions as they come up...

ic.... thx for the info.... now trying to adjust my RF to 40+%.... from ytd night till today still at ard 75 - 77%....

ic.... thx for the info.... now trying to adjust my RF to 40+%.... from ytd night till today still at ard 75 - 77%....

Just follow the instructions on the "manual" or that piece of paper to know to turn left or right to lower the amount and after 1 day, it should hit the expected level.

hmm... i am wondering why overnite and your RF level is still at 75? my digicab was stabilized to 48 overnite during my initial setup. you should tune it to somewhere in the mid range to begin with and adjust from that point.

IC... then ok to put battery, charger and SD card into the cabinet?

Battery yes, SD card just leave inside camera and leave camera inside. Charger i wont reccomend.. The plastic used for the charger may suffer from the reduced humidity in the dry cab and crack after a long period of time (Dont quote me on this though, need verification)

Battery yes, SD card just leave inside camera and leave camera inside. Charger i wont reccomend.. The plastic used for the charger may suffer from the reduced humidity in the dry cab and crack after a long period of time (Dont quote me on this though, need verification)
Wonder why nobody has reported any cracks from those countries where the normal humidity is about 50% ... Another urban myth.

Wonder why nobody has reported any cracks from those countries where the normal humidity is about 50% ... Another urban myth.

That's y i put behind dont quote on me this mah hehe.. I saw (very) old reports of those plastic on lens cracking due long periods of time in the drycab. So personally, not gonna take any chances with the charger. :D