Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
icer said:
Hey, I got a problem here. Witness and others maybe can help enlighten.

I bought a dry box yesterday at carrefour..... it's not those electric kind. And that is only one piece of instruction on the box that says,"

If cover is not opened, turn left to open valve.
Close cover, turn right to close valve.

What does it mean? Isn't not opened and close the same?

Not the humidity level is at around 60%, I had not put silica yet. Now I turn left to open the valve, then close the box, then turn right to close the valve, is this right?

But no change in humidity level since last night. :think:

hi what is the name/brand of the dry box? cost?

thks

hi, would like to noe how much is the dry boa and silica and where can i get it?

Thanx:)

hi guys,

I am just curious here...is it ok to just use a tupperware or any kind of air tight container if I just want to keep my cam free from moisture?? assuming that I do not have much accessories like extra lenses...

Thks

Rk1980 said:
hi guys,

I am just curious here...is it ok to just use a tupperware or any kind of air tight container if I just want to keep my cam free from moisture?? assuming that I do not have much accessories like extra lenses...

Thks

I heard from some people say you can do that. Need to put silica in the box though. But you won't be able to check the humidity level.

Just buy a cheap dry box lor, i got my at $29.90 at Carrefour, should be better than tupperware.

icer said:
I heard from some people say you can do that. Need to put silica in the box though. But you won't be able to check the humidity level.

Just buy a cheap dry box lor, i got my at $29.90 at Carrefour, should be better than tupperware.

ic..thanks a lot!!
;)

works fine if u put in in tupperware....juz wrap some sicila gel in some mesh like material will do...like those type they use to tie scents up..then when the silica change colour over time from orange to purple.....time to heat it up or change fresh ones....

drybox still better than the tupperware thing....

otherwise....juz store in cool dry place....

Status
Not open for further replies.