Dpreview's review Up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I feel that the K7 faired very well in these 2 aspects ............. but I still cannot get over the dim VF LED data panel ..... how come nobody addressed this issue in the reviews ..... :angry:

You must be shooting in brighter light than they are ;)

I think the vf LED panel is adequately lit..but my eyes not "wide-angle" enough so I usually don't pay too much attention to it :bsmilie:

You must be shooting in brighter light than they are ;)

sounds like a bright bright place......

must be a different singapore from where i live in. i shoot into the sun and i don't have this problem. something wrong with my eyes.... :bsmilie:

sounds like a bright bright place......

must be a different singapore from where i live in. i shoot into the sun and i don't have this problem. something wrong with my eyes.... :bsmilie:

better check yr eyesight..it no joke

better check yr eyesight..it no joke

i don't know..

i think i'm not the one who needs to check.. you see.. i can see things that are supposed to be there.. somebody cannot see things that are supposed to be there.. so tell me, who should get eye checked? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

hmm...:think: i seldom look at the VF LED when shooting... so i never notice it... i find the time looking at the VF LED is slower than looking at the top panel... thats just me... cos my eyes is fixed on the xmm...:bsmilie:

I don't have the K7 but recently I did encounter what Zenten experience with the VF on my K20D. While shooting on a bright sunny day with blue skies, stray light seems to go into the VF and dim the view of the LED. Its doesn't happen all the time, only at specific angle when the sun is from the side. I found out if I didn't put my eye correctly on the VF it will happen.

Never encountered this problem also...
Maybe Idun shoot in bright enough places?
Or maybe it's because I'm still using my O-ME53 (After reading Arthur's experience).

Don't know where to post this question, so many K7 topics.

OK, dpreview forum thread have few users complaining the K-7 SR causes visible vertical image shakes at high shutter speed of 1/100 - 1/180. Any encounters here?

[please read this for info only]
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=33026577

Last edited:
Don't know where to post this question, so many K7 topics.

OK, dpreview forum thread have few users complaining the K-7 SR causes visible vertical image shakes at high shutter speed of 1/100 - 1/180. Any encounters here?

You might want to link to that thread to give more details.

I've only encountered image shakes if I am using my manual lenses and forgot to redial in the correct focal length after using a long lens (Eg. 400mm set, but switch back to 50mm without updating focal length info). Well, obviously this is entirely my fault. The SR is trying to compensate for 400mm shake when in fact I am using 50mm. The problem (still on wrong setting) goes away as well, if the shutter speed goes above 1/focal length (ie. 1/400 in my case). So what you mentioned sounds suspiciously like what I've encountered (ie. user error)

those guys nit pick again, one too many :rolleyes:

I don't have the K7 but recently I did encounter what Zenten experience with the VF on my K20D. While shooting on a bright sunny day with blue skies, stray light seems to go into the VF and dim the view of the LED. Its doesn't happen all the time, only at specific angle when the sun is from the side. I found out if I didn't put my eye correctly on the VF it will happen.

God bless you, Art. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.