Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Does your bus/MRT fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mine increase 15 cents for a single trip to work everyday. So back and forth, it's a 30 cents increase everyday.

So it's a punishment that I did not plan my trip properly. I travel direct by mrt, no bus transfer in between. Distance is shorter if by bus but time taken will be significantly longer since there is jam during peak hours, so I deserve to pay more? :think:

Mine increase 15 cents for a single trip to work everyday. So back and forth, it's a 30 cents increase everyday.

So it's a punishment that I did not plan my trip properly. I travel direct by mrt, no bus transfer in between. Distance is shorter if by bus but time taken will be significantly longer since there is jam during peak hours, so I deserve to pay more? :think:

It's a fairer system as what Mr Ee said. You travel longer, you pay more!

So those who always kenna trapped in traffic jams because of shorter distance will get to pay more. What kind of logic is this? :angry:

this Mr Gerard Ee is basically talking through his arse where people use it for farting. don't think they even gave this new system serious thoughts before implementation. a half-baked solution at most.

is this what it is called... "Integrity, Service, Excellence"???

this Mr Gerard Ee is basically talking through his arse where people use it for farting. don't think they even gave this new system serious thoughts before implementation. a half-baked solution at most.

is this what it is called... "Integrity, Service, Excellence"???

Integrity, Service, Excellence to the transport service providers' pockets I think!

From the results of our poll that was started yesterday, it seems that we have more (in fact 9 out of 10) who needs to dig deeper into their pockets to use our current 'FAIRER' transport system.

At this moment, I wonder who the hell came up with the statistics 'only 1 in 3 will pay more'?

mine increased from $1.20 to $1.40 per trip , so i am paying $0.40 more per work day.

well done whoever the authority u r ! guess your profit will be much more this year and thereafter!! and i know your job is more secure than anyone's else!

Are they trying to get more people off the MRT into bus? Is this their solution to overcrowded MRT?

Are they trying to get more people off the MRT into bus? Is this their solution to overcrowded MRT?

mrt is already very crowded ... and the waiting time of rbus amd mrt is long... especially bus....

in sg where everything is supposed to be fast, this kind of waiting time is unacceptable...

there ought to be competition bewteen transport companies... kelong!

mrt is already very crowded ... and the waiting time of rbus amd mrt is long... especially bus....

in sg where everything is supposed to be fast, this kind of waiting time is unacceptable...

there ought to be competition bewteen transport companies... kelong!

Agree. Since they cannot cater to the demands of the bus services, they should open up this market, so that other operators can provide similar service to cope with the demand.

With competition, I'm sure the fares will go down.

Voted... I'm one of the 6 who 'saved' 1 cent per trip during working days but up 3 cents when going town during weekends....

Agree. Since they cannot cater to the demands of the bus services, they should open up this market, so that other operators can provide similar service to cope with the demand.

but this is something that they will never do ... look at the broadcasting business... they said they need competition, and channel U came out, and then pm say too much competition is bad, and they merged..

with the easylink card, they know our travelling pattern, and it is easy for them to know how to increase their profit... they knew that by charging by distance will earn them more...

yes... but that also means that the main players will have less control and less control means less revenue... so this is a :nono:

I don't understand why they cannot do it like the UK. There are at least 2 companies running the same route and there is competition for customers AND both companies are turning a profit.

I don't understand why they cannot do it like the UK. There are at least 2 companies running the same route and there is competition for customers AND both companies are turning a profit.

I not sure abt now but last time got private bus services going same route as the sbs/tibs services... now seems like those private bus services turned into 'premium' bus services ($2-3/trip and direct to town type)....

I also confused. Is it that last time if I travel by MRT only, now I will pay more if I take MRT only? Means even if last time I walk 1/2 bus stop to MRT, now I should walk 1/2 bus stop away from MRT, take bus one stop down, then change to MRT... will be cheaper arh? :dunno:

I very confused leh. :what:

I also confused. Is it that last time if I travel by MRT only, now I will pay more if I take MRT only? Means even if last time I walk 1/2 bus stop to MRT, now I should walk 1/2 bus stop away from MRT, take bus one stop down, then change to MRT... will be cheaper arh? :dunno:

I very confused leh. :what:

ops.. u know more than me... now i am as confused as u ....

oh... how ah? should i email my mp? but cannot find her email leh...