Does your partner in life support your habit?

Does your partner in life support your habit?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yupz although she complains about me totally ignoring her when I'm shootin... (kinda carried away huh) but she still supports me wholesomely.... (coz she bought me the 10D) ;p

:heart:

The best thing to do is to woo him/her into the same hobby/habit...

Pass him/her your old camera or buy a new camera, and ask him/her to join you along with any shooting. When he/she get interested, he/she will invest to be on par with you.

Originally posted by shutterbug
Buddy, nothing should come inbetween a relationship if you are going to have a successful one. Not photography, not money, not career nor your mother-in-law.

My partner supports me, joins me in photo outings. She got so interested and is now enrolled in a course.

Maybe you wanna encourage her to take a course with you? :)

my partner did get me slightly interested in photography, since i have a decent digital cam. but i'm still more interested in the post-production aspects, e.g. photoshop

being in front of the camera is more fun for me too=)

and Yes! i DO nag when he tells me he wants to buy new lenses

=p

:dunno:
hehee

*interesting*

i used to have a kahki from clubsnap... Once we met abt 2am for a night shoot somewhere in e west... n suay suay his gf called n caught him sneaking out at night... lolz!
tt is sooo suay.. cuz wat we did was purely SHOOTING...
:D

Originally posted by evildolly
my partner did get me slightly interested in photography, since i have a decent digital cam. but i'm still more interested in the post-production aspects, e.g. photoshop

being in front of the camera is more fun for me too=)

and Yes! i DO nag when he tells me he wants to buy new lenses

=p

:dunno:
hehee
tt guy i met at Pacific Coffee Club? :D

Originally posted by shutterbug
Buddy, nothing should come inbetween a relationship if you are going to have a successful one. Not photography, not money, not career nor your mother-in-law.

My partner supports me, joins me in photo outings. She got so interested and is now enrolled in a course.

Maybe you wanna encourage her to take a course with you?
Originally posted by ivor
The best thing to do is to woo him/her into the same hobby/habit...

Pass him/her your old camera or buy a new camera, and ask him/her to join you along with any shooting. When he/she get interested, he/she will invest to be on par with you.

well said shutterbug and ivor.
i did just that (hand down camera) and the other half is (i hope) just as interested as i am... we have the same camera now.. sobs and we share (fight over them) lens
we go shooting together but alas, never shoot each other... :(

Originally posted by Astin
I have a different issue than you guys. You see, my wife knows that I organize model photo shoots in the weekends, and I normally not stay at home in the weekends. Now she is actually trying to pick up photography so in future she may join me as well. :D

Anyway, I don't spend much $ on photography, I only spend time on it.
Eh, you need to stay overnight with models huh? I can help you out leh if like that. Even just to pick up tissue paper they throw on the floor.:D

Actually I'm glad that most who polled have supportive partners one way or another. Photography is a really healthy thing unless you are a voyeur!:nono:

Originally posted by randomwalk
It's interesting that there is a thread on this, because I have plenty to share. :D

My gf is totally against me and photography. She hates it when I bring my cameras + tripod along when we go travelling. Heck, when I go to locations at sunrise on impulse, I often get chastised for not bringing her along (she doesn't live with me by the way).

Thank god I broke up with my gf just a few days ago. :gbounce:
Randomwalk,
I actually support this move you made. I think if your partner cannot accommodate such a simple thing in your life, I don't think you will have a happy life together. She's probably the jealous type who feels that your cam is taking up your time with her. Or even maybe any other things in life that will take your time away from her eg family, friends, CSers, etc. No offence to your ex-gf. Just my thoughts on this.

Originally posted by Newman
Randomwalk,
I actually support this move you made. I think if your partner cannot accommodate such a simple thing in your life, I don't think you will have a happy life together. She's probably the jealous type who feels that your cam is taking up your time with her. Or even maybe any other things in life that will take your time away from her eg family, friends, CSers, etc. No offence to your ex-gf. Just my thoughts on this.

None taken buddy. I agree with you 100%. :D

Originally posted by Newman
Randomwalk,

While I agree that our loved ones must always be more important than our hobbies but as loved ones we must also give our husbands or bfs space.

Initially I used to get abit jealous of my husband's hobby which is cycling cos he doesn't just cycle, he'd also hang out at the bike shop about once a week or once a fortnight depending on his schedule & I'd get upset thinking that he prefers his hobby to being with me!

Eventually I realised that he has to work very hard during the week & I just let him do what he wants since its not like he spends everyday on his hobby plus spending time on his hobby makes him happy. Afterall, he doesn't complain if I want to go for photo shoots. Its a fine balance really & you would want your loved ones to be happy too. Believe me, men would appreciate their wives & gfs for it when they give them space.

hehheh my other half just tolerates all the time spent on outings and hanging around the Bermuda Triangle (although she comes first in priority of course). funny thing is, for all the years that i've known her and been shooting, she refuses to let me shoot her and think i can't shoot for nuts. :D

but then she's in the media industry so she's exposed to really high standards of photography.

:thumbsup: I guess understanding is the key word here...

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
While I agree that our loved ones must always be more important than our hobbies but as loved ones we must also give our husbands or bfs space.

Initially I used to get abit jealous of my husband's hobby which is cycling cos he doesn't just cycle, he'd also hang out at the bike shop about once a week or once a fortnight depending on his schedule & I'd get upset thinking that he prefers his hobby to being with me!

Eventually I realised that he has to work very hard during the week & I just let him do what he wants since its not like he spends everyday on his hobby plus spending time on his hobby makes him happy. Afterall, he doesn't complain if I want to go for photo shoots. Its a fine balance really & you would want your loved ones to be happy too. Believe me, men would appreciate their wives & gfs for it when they give them space.

terribly well said lavendarlilz and larry.

mutual understanding and effort on our part not to place photography above the other half is just as impt as them giving us their understanding...

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

Sniff. That's so beautiful. Sniff. :thumbsup: You're definitely in contention for the most understanding wifey eva!!

Originally posted by randomwalk
Sniff. That's so beautiful. Sniff. :thumbsup: You're definitely in contention for the most understanding wifey eva!!

One more thing is - I read this from a book how husbands should understand their wives & I noticed that my husband did practice this "principle", that is, by showing that I am his priority first & cos being female, I feel loved liao, so dun mind him spending time on his hobby. :)

One basic thing to learn about women is that we all want to feel important & loved by our husbands & bfs.

Can you please start another thread on Women 101? So I can take official note.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.