Does your broadband service provider inform you of contract expiry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singnet did inform me a few times when the contract was about to expiring and after it had expire.

i called singnet again today. this is becoming part of my daily routine -

1. call 1688
2. press the right selection (which i know by hard)
3. use the speaker phone to avoid putting phone next to ear when put on hold
4. do my work while waiting
5. when the officer answers, they always ask the standard question - how can i help? my standard reply will be - pls refer to the history of past conversation and am still waiting for your supervisor to call back.

Last edited:
It is a usual practice for each of these providers to send out mailers to remind contract expiry and to entice user to re-contract. Mailers are the best they can do for ordinary consumers as they are the most cost effective.

Unless you are a premium customer who spends above $5k a month on data usage and IDD usages, they wont be bothered to call up. Besides, attention is placed on corporate customers and the larger SMEs.

Believe it or not, even Microsoft is considered a small customer to these operators as the connections they have are all piped in from USA with international leased circuits. A small Indian trading firm may be to them a large customer chalking huge IDD bills.

You want good service to your doorstep, order a satellite connection to your private home or your CEO office above. You will be hearing from a very sweet sales lady once every three months at least. Also, you will be invited to golfing events and probably F1 if you chalk enough mileage to meet the sales lady's quota for the year.

Last edited:
I am with Singnet and I just found out my contract had expired 1 year ago. I am paying $35 a month for 1mbps. I know the rates now are $25 per month for 2mbps. So effectively I have been paying more for less for 1 year! I thought it was bad practice on Singnet. It is of course to their vested interest if they kept silent about the expiry and only take action when the customer wants to cancel subscription. Starhub mobile actually called me 2 weeks before my mobile plan expired to ask me to renew.

they will not call you, dude.

also with singnet, one day I just bo liao go in and ask if I need to pay penalty if I wanna switch my singnet + landline to meow home package. the dude told me no problemo since I only have< 12 months left on my contract. after repackaging, I get more services (cos there is free meow home movies) and I pay less.

howzit?

i called singnet again today. this is becoming part of my daily routine -

1. call 1688
2. press the right selection (which i know by hard)
3. use the speaker phone to avoid putting phone next to ear when put on hold
4. do my work while waiting
5. when the officer answers, they always ask the standard question - how can i help? my standard reply will be - pls refer to the history of past conversation and am still waiting for your supervisor to call back.

do u hv the supervisor name?

try using the feedback form from the website. They'll response quite fast.

My contract has not expire, but they tell me I can recontract already, so immediately re-contract and get a cheaper subscription. I have been overpaying for like 5 months (damn) and got myself a new handset ($0)

Just got a call a moment ago...from Starhub....asking me to contract the cable vision for 1 year....offer me free 1 more channel (for what? I barely have time to watch) and broadband (for what? I still contracted with Singnet for another 1.5yr).....I politely declined and said I am going to terminate once the EPL is over :sweatsm:

is it because they wanna sell you a more expensive package?

No , for a slightly cheaper package if i re-contract.

I am not really bother on renewing contract the savings are not significant (am not keen to be tied down to a bond with service providers)

update: i told singnet i will not bother to call anymore. just give me email of their GM or someone who can make a decision or bother to keep their customers happy. they asked me to email them through their website!

Status
Not open for further replies.