Does cam body make a different in Image quality?

SF Kang Sir,
Thankyou so much for your experience advise,
Fast lens (F2.8) not affordable that why bought only Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6
Good tripot, I got a reasonable SIRUI 2205
Setting, need to learn more on this aspect.
I shall try harder and hopes that I can get what I wish to see (Sharp and reasonable details image for birding)

@ Coweye
I appreciate this F2.8 500 or 600 prime lens but to heavy :sweat: for me at my age...:bsmilie:

Well, the biggest influence to image quality is the person behind the camera. Lenses are in 2nd place. In fact, your D90 body is really good, and u don't have to upgrade anytime soon.

quanganht said:
Well, the biggest influence to image quality is the person behind the camera. Lenses are in 2nd place. In fact, your D90 body is really good, and u don't have to upgrade anytime soon.

For doing birding, is 4.5 FPS sufficient?

Early birding enthusiasts had only 1 shot, then manually load the next frame of film, then 1 shot, then reload...

What do you think???

Higher fps can make it easier, but there is no such thing as "sufficient".

Cowseye said:

I don't know, last time when cameras not so fast, I heard there were no pictures of birds one...

Seriously though, you work with what you have.. understanding what is going on is better than just machine gunning your 200fps camera, you will end up with crap if you know crap.

@ quanganht
Thanks for your advise and I think I shall try harder to improve my skill.

D90 is certainly a fine camera.
Don't let some poor shots build upon the insecurity of your own gear.
Better lenses and better skill will help you go further.
Go out with some of the serious birders in the 'World of Nature' sub forum.
Learn from them 1st hand.

@ pinholecam

Thankyou for your reply and encouragement and I will.

Hi, may I ask where n how much u bought your d90? Body only?

Depending on your shooting environment, if you always shoot something that move fast in a dark environment, certainly a lower end cam body is not that good even with pro lens with opened aperture.

Example: I shoot a lower end body with pro lens in a concert with little light with 800 ISO is already not enough, however pumping the ISO up in a lower cam body caused your image to have lots of noise. Noise control in higher end body normally is better.

@ kkvolution
Agreed, that is why I bought A55, superb for night shot even at 9pm on a rocking boat and yet I can shoot scenaries with handheld, w/o flash IF you have look at my night shoot at Flickr.