doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean a doc is not an honest living?

I didn't read his statement as implying that.
Rather that the son is more an embarrasment for feeling embarrased that his mother is a cleaner.

Doctors are a funny breed indeed. Some are not even very intelligent people.Only a pharmacuetical salesperson would understand how cruel and sadistic they can be. Man, the many stories I've heard about them. Sometimes I wonder how they can be in the profession.

Then she should have let the son become a cleaner?

chill guys. don't let our emotions get in the way here and start a flame war -peace

I didn't read his statement as implying that.
Rather that the son is more an embarrasment for feeling embarrased that his mother is a cleaner.

thats my point of view...

Anyway I think that the son got "妻管严“. This one even best doctor also very hard to cure :bsmilie:

this kind of heartless son need to cure one meh? LOL

many of us is agains what the son did.

just hope that we (myself included) will not be like him if such situation occurs.

Well, in this sort of case, there's always "his" story, "her" story and the "true" story. So far, we've only heard "her" side, and in domestic disputes, there is usually a whole plethora of reasons why something like that may happen.

welll the article did state that the sun did not dispute her side of the story

Actually of all people the son should know the benefits of keeping active.
I contantly see old people literally wither away and die after being put into a home for the elderly (normally they last only about 2-5yrs). Studies have shown that old people who are not kept active or occupied are more succeptible to suffering dementia and depression.

I used to help out in an old folks home and I see the suffering that these poor people go through. Sure, they may have been cretins in their younger days but shutting them up in a home or abandoning them is very cruel indeed. A lot of them are just waiting to die.

WRT the article in question - I think the son wanted her to stop working because it was an embarrasment to him to have his mother working as a cleaner.

In my younger days, I used to get all worked up and indignant when I see families "dumping" their elderly members into old folk homes and hospitals. Advising family members to care for these old people at home is akin to talking to a brick wall. The families would give all kinds of reasons to get the old folks admitted. Once admitted, the chances of discharging them is abysmal.

Admissions tend to increase over the holiday season. I subsequently found out that family members needed the time off to take a holiday without the encumberance of the said old folk.

As I grew older (and hopefully wiser), and began to spend time understanding the family care-givers, I developed an alternative point of view.

Some of the families have to put all of their members to work in order to earn enough money, leaving nobody at home to care for the elderly. The old are either non-mobile, have cognitive problems, health problems, mixture of all, etc.... Sometimes, care for the elderly can put a BIG strain on the family dynamics.

Now, I'm certainly NOT advocating such behavior. However, let's not be too quick to judge without putting ourselves in their shoes.

Other times, even family members can have disputes despite living under optimal conditions. Such is the nature of things when it comes to human inter-personal relationships....

nowadays we see so many cases of doctors, lawyers, bankers and other such professional landing on the wrong side of the law..... they think they're invincible behind their precious paper qualifications? poetic justice, perhaps?

Qualifications aside, they are also human mah.

Elites can also be weak one. :)

I can find another wife but I cannot find another mom. There is no substitute. In my life my mum comes first, no matter what. My father comes after that followed by my wife.

Actually, your wife should come first then your parents as you have gone into a life binding covenant(contract) with her. BUT you should not treat your parents the way this cretin did and not allow your wife to overrule your good sense and compassion.

In my younger days, I used to get all worked up and indignant when I see families "dumping" their elderly members into old folk homes and hospitals. Advising family members to care for these old people at home is akin to talking to a brick wall. The families would give all kinds of reasons to get the old folks admitted. Once admitted, the chances of discharging them is abysmal.

Admissions tend to increase over the holiday season. I subsequently found out that family members needed the time off to take a holiday without the encumberance of the said old folk.

As I grew older (and hopefully wiser), and began to spend time understanding the family care-givers, I developed an alternative point of view.

Some of the families have to put all of their members to work in order to earn enough money, leaving nobody at home to care for the elderly. The old are either non-mobile, have cognitive problems, health problems, mixture of all, etc.... Sometimes, care for the elderly can put a BIG strain on the family dynamics.

Now, I'm certainly NOT advocating such behavior. However, let's not be too quick to judge without putting ourselves in their shoes.

Other times, even family members can have disputes despite living under optimal conditions. Such is the nature of things when it comes to human inter-personal relationships....

a well engineered ans...:thumbsup:

read this from tnp also. Feel sooo sad for the mum. Hope the son get some retribution together with his wife. :thumbsd:

westwest1 and bernardy,

Are either of you doctors?

of course it's a tabloid. and yes, i agree we should not accept 100% of what tabloids tell us. but the principles of the story remain the same

1) the son called the mom "old woman" and admitted during the interview that he chased his mom out
2) the son earns $200,000 a year compared to $1,300 a month for 2 jobs for his mom
3) the wife is a senior HR manager
4) the son chased his mom out the very day that ownership was transferred to him
5) the son said his wife was embarassed when she saw her mother in law cleaning tables in food courts during her lunchtime
6) the son placed his mom's belongings outside her house.

wipe away all the sensationalism that the TNP adds and you are left with these findings of fact. :) as much as journalists want to sensationalise news, they're not given free rein in singapore unlike that in the states or UK. facts have to remain as facts.

Like I said, these are only what the paper reported.

Papers have been know to make mistakes, sometimes honest ones, other times not so...

We still don't know what the facts are for sure. There could be other issues at hand that we are not privy to.

We should reserve our judgement till we are in possession of all the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.