do you think DX (digital format) will be dead in the future???

Status
Not open for further replies.
let us not forget something

that most of us are dx users

and dx depth of field is very different from fx

instead of customary f/11 for sharp landscapes, you need f/16. and that's still fine. what about macro?

i think fx will only be widespread if they reduce the costs down to current pricing of dx. otherwise, no hope

seriously , i am so curious. is d700 / d3 that HEAVY?? i remember lot of people complained about slr before i bought mine. and they were like, oh yeah, it would be cumbersome, bla bla bla.

after i got my d40, i have to say, the size DONT BOTHER me at all. and i am sure the same thing applies to d3. i dont think the size is that bad. how heavy it can be??
its not like 5 kilos. it cant be that bad, come on .

If anyone thinks D3 is heavy, try F3+MD-4.... maybe Nikon F + MD-dunno what (too ancient for me to know..). ;p

I think it is not a qn of "will" but "when". Looking at the development of late, such as D700 and the new medium format digital cameras, i have no doubt going forward DX is dead. We will instead revert somewhat back to the good old days of film, where pros will shoot on Medium formats while amateurs will be shooting in FF cameras.

Just shoot. Don't have to think so much.

I'll go with whatever that gives me value and performance. $$ is an important factor.

I would rather get something I can afford now, so I can shoot right away, rather than losing the opportunity to shoot and wait till the day I can afford FX lenses or FF bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.