Do you think Apple will recall the iPhone 4?

I hope Apple dun recall the iphone 4, they will sooner or later. cos i tried it an its very unstable, seriously. better to buy iphone 3gs/below for now to be safer.

Hardly better. The iPhone 4 bests the 3G S when it comes to signal strength in most situations.

think they will rather give free bumper than to recall?

cannot imagine recall of the millions of phone sold.

They just announced free bumpers until Sept. 30. I think they've already secretly worked out a manufacturing/assembly change to fix the problem.

Anyone remember the infamous Pentium FDIV bug? Intel denied it at first, but in the end had to do a recall that cost them a few million dollars, even if < 1% of users will be affected by the bug.

Andy Grove (ex-CEO) would say it was the worst and also the best time in Intel's history. There's a photo in Intel Penang where they destroyed all the buggy chips with a steamroller. :sweat:

It wasn't just the Pentium. Every Intel 80x86 processor didn't divide correctly in the first run, including the 80x87 series. After the changes, they were slower but more accurate.

Hardly better. The iPhone 4 bests the 3G S when it comes to signal strength in most situations.

They just announced free bumpers until Sept. 30. I think they've already secretly worked out a manufacturing/assembly change to fix the problem.

It wasn't just the Pentium. Every Intel 80x86 processor didn't divide correctly in the first run, including the 80x87 series. After the changes, they were slower but more accurate.

wah problem solved. now all the apple fans can start to bbb liao. :D

what apple should do is a permanent fix, bumpers imho are not :nono: hopefully the new batches are better.

what apple should do is a permanent fix, bumpers imho are not :nono: hopefully the new batches are better.

You're right about the bumpers. When I was watching during the meeting, I thought "why are they including these? They don't make sense since they're not big enough to protect anything?" Of course, the answer showed up a little later, but just for a few, very vocal people.

It's really as simple as putting some sort of lacquer on the antenna at that contact area. It won't cause significant signal degradation by itself and it will keep the antenna out of direct physical contact.