Do you put your photo bags in your dry cabinet?

Do you put your camera bag in your dry cabinet?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowww... I'm surprised the majority voted for the last option.
Can you tell me why is the idea crazy and don't make sense?
In terms of organisation, it makes sense... all the camera stuff are put together and camera bag is also camera stuff. Dry cabinet is just a cabinet with controlled humidity.

If you have been carrying your bag around with dust/hairs etc on it, I wouldn't want to put that together with my camea gear hor........

Wowww... I'm surprised the majority voted for the last option.
Can you tell me why is the idea crazy and don't make sense?
In terms of organisation, it makes sense... all the camera stuff are put together and camera bag is also camera stuff. Dry cabinet is just a cabinet with controlled humidity.
cause there is a lot of moist air caught in the fabric of your camera bag... each time you put in the dry-cab needs to dry this again... if you put just the cam or lens in there then you import less moisture into the cabinet

Wonder who dumps their entire bag with all the gear into the dry cabinet...
Or put their bags in there just for the sake of organisation... since you gonna pack the camera stuff into the bag... everything at the same place makes it easier... :bigeyes::bsmilie:

what organisation? the dry cab comes with shelves to organise that and if you buy 50L and above, there is even wave foam to lay down the lenses and let you organise it.:dunno::dunno:

any way, for me after every shoot, i will clean my gears, so i would have removed them from bag so no point putting it in the bag again and trying hard to squeeze a bag into a dry cab even in mine is a 70L

How about placing the entire bag with the DSLR and lenses in the freezer? Guarantee no "mushroom" can grow.
You might want to shutdown the freezer 12 hours before you take out your gears. :bsmilie: :sweat:

Last edited:
I put my camera gears in the dry cabinet without the bag. It takes up too much space.

i read somewhere that kata bags with some dessicants in it would have the same effects as a dry cab. can anyone confirm this rumour?

Sticking your bags into the dry cabinet seems excessive. Why just stop at camera bags then?

Just give the bag a good wash and dry in the sun... why need dry cabinet?

For me YES!!! :embrass:

My bag (lowepro fastpack) is inside it's own dedicated cabinet (180L):sticktong

While my cameras and lenses are in another dedicated 100L cabinet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.