Do you love to eat durian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's organise a CS outing to Merchant Court Hotel for their lunch buffet!!

Heehee.... Free flow of durian puree.... yum yum!

Firefox said:

organize outings go pick durians more fun. lol

Firefox said:

its been about 1-2 years i last had buffet there. always have the book like 1 or 2 weeks in advance for the dinner and the last time i was there, their food quality like drop liao.

Drudkh said:
I still remember during my childhood, eating durian have to looks out for worms. :eek: The elders will say, "Got worms means good durian".

Your elders are wise.

The worms have better noses than humans.

jsbn said:
Like durians, but I don't have any particular taste buds for Thailand or Malaysia one.

Durian = Durian. Eat down, burp and u shit it out which eventually goes into the sea as sewage.

Dat's me. Delicacies are all wasted on me. :D

Chor lor ka si!

Drudkh said:
:eek: Where in SG is selling?

im not sure though coz im here in the philippines. There are a lot of Filipinos there in Singapore and you could probably ask them to get you one when they go home to take a vacation :)

student said:
Chor lor ka si!
Not chor lor dude.

Food and drinks, even if its priced at $100 million, passes thru ur intestines. Da sensation of shiokness, softness lasts as long as its on ur tongue. Gone when u swallow. :D

Eat to live. U dun live to eat dude. ;p

Durians....yummy!!

Durian cakes, durian puffs, durian ice kachang, durian ice cream, these are my favourites :cool:

Don't let your nose fool you, once you have tasted it, there is no turning back. It is not called the king of fruits for nothing.

jsbn said:
Eat to live. U dun live to eat dude. ;p

Americans & Brits
versus
French & Chinese

As I understand it, "dude" is very much American. The English language do not have original equivalent words like "cuisine" and "menu".

Interesting that the more mature cultures like French and Chinese have words for fine dining, and enjoyment of eating.

I love durian too but gotta avoid it because of my high cholestrol. Durian is high in saturated fats and those with high cholestrol, please go easy on it.

Drudkh said:
its been about 1-2 years i last had buffet there. always have the book like 1 or 2 weeks in advance for the dinner and the last time i was there, their food quality like drop liao.

Heh.... But the point of the buffet there is the huge bowl of durian flesh! LOL.. Just whack the durian flesh non-stop.. haha...

Firefox said:
Heh.... But the point of the buffet there is the huge bowl of durian flesh! LOL.. Just whack the durian flesh non-stop.. haha...
I rather trust those I buy from durian stalls, you never know what's added for the buffet. :bigeyes:
just kidding. ;p

Buy?! Not for me. I got free supply.

Must travel to JB to get it, only problem.

amirfarhan said:
Buy?! Not for me. I got free supply.

Must travel to JB to get it, only problem.
so much trouble just to eat for free? no thanks.

best durians i ever tasted are those grown right here in s'pore, more specifically in pulau tekong. too bad not many ppl could get a chance to taste the durians there.

$30 worth of D24 at geylang = 9 fruits of pure goodness (sweet and bitter).

yummy!

thailand durian are big but tasteless. u cant smell anything from the thrown shells. malaysia durian (D24) is da best!

Status
Not open for further replies.