Do u think age is a limit in photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this picture looks similar to what i took of my younger bro years ago. he is now at 13, a budding photographer.

imo, it can be learned if you want to.

LolliPoP said:
Say, a 30 yrs old guy/lady just realized he/she got d interest in photography. What do u think? Too late 2 learn? Too old 2 learn? Hei, i'm not trying 2 offence hoh...

I got interested when I was 49 years old!

I haul my 20 kg photography backpack into "wilderness" to make photos! What do you young blokes think?

It is the passion and enthusiasm that counts!

it is never too late. i caught the bug with two hand-me-down slr cameras. i was twelve then. i have been at it ever since.

age is not the factor here. more important is your passion of this hobby.

well maybe, also your bank account.

LolliPoP said:
Say, a 30 yrs old guy/lady just realized he/she got d interest in photography. What do u think? Too late 2 learn? Too old 2 learn? Hei, i'm not trying 2 offence hoh...

Harlo! 30 is NOT *OLD* :bsmilie: :bsmilie: .

Seriously, I know of a 60+ year old learning computer programming, so what's the big deal about photography? A lot of people pick up hobbies later in life when they've got some financial stability and can indulge in their fancies, and their maturity helps them do a good job of it too.

Cheers,

lollipop...

there is only one limit in photography (and life)...that is how much you are willing to dream.

zaren said:
there is only one limit in photography (and life)...that is how much you are willing to dream.
zaren - you the man!!! that is so true when talking about one's inner self!! i totally agree that as photography enthusiast, there are no limits except one's self!!

but as a profession, it might be a little different, as the external perspective is also important in the business world. how ppl view and perceive you determines how they would engage you. That’s why ppl want to see a portfolio, ask to go for interviews, etc. although there is no age limit per se, but the portfolio, experience, and confidence to become a professional takes time to establish (some quicker than others).

Does LolliPoP ever say she want to be a professional?

But anyway, there are many possibilities in photography, if ones just stay focus on one particular subject and put lots of hard work in it, soon or later will become good in that area.

Photography is good to start young, but will never be too old to start.

LolliPoP said:

Age is not the factor here concering a 30 yrs old. But the attitude. Too proud to learn from those 'masters't in their late twenties :dunno:

Especially on digital photography where using PS is involved.

student said:
I got interested when I was 49 years old!

I haul my 20 kg photography backpack into "wilderness" to make photos! What do you young blokes think?

It is the passion and enthusiasm that counts!

someone offend you is it? don anyhow call ppl bloke bloke hor. Anyway bloke means a man who is (usually) old and/or eccentric.

catchlights said:
Does LolliPoP ever say she want to be a professional?
not as such... sorry, i was just extending to the discussion beyond the point of a photography enthusiast. apologies if it diverted from the main question.

:sweat:

NC30 said:
someone offend you is it? don anyhow call ppl bloke bloke hor. Anyway bloke means a man who is (usually) old and/or eccentric.

"Bloke" is as common a slang as calling someone "guy" or "dude" in England or Australia. Different cultural context.

I don't think there is any practical age limit to photography, as long as the ability to use a camera (hands, legs, eyesight) is there.
Photography is all about fun! If someone finds photography enjoyable, age should not be a barrier.

NC30 said:

See Ah Pao's post.

Relax dude! Don't get too edgy hor!

i dun think there is ever and age limit to learning anything it this world...

its the passion for it.... some of us juz come by different passions at different points in our lives....

so be u young or old...as long as u feel like learning...juz do it

carpe diem....

DaNi3L said:
Wow, Student may I ask how old are you now? :eek:

Soon to be 53! With some, er, necessary adjustment to this half century old dragon!

Creaking bones! Price paid for all the basketball and sepak takraw!

Stiff muscles (learning yoga to loosen up a bit!).

Some plumbing done. Everytime I haul my backpack on to my shoulders, I ended with patches of bruises on my shoulders. And finally,

Some optical adjustment made just last week.

And I hope to continue photographying for the next twenty years! At least! And I am having a ball of a time learning photography! A student!

All d msgs posted here quite supportive.

Actually, I come 2 realize I've d interest in photography right after my wedding!!
That's why I feel a bit late 2 start with... I was inspired by my actual wedding day photographer indeed. And, I'm so crazy... Bought a new D70s yesterday!

They'r not married yet. Both of them share d same interest.
Both own high-end DSLR, eg 1Ds Mark II, EOS 20D
Both r pro photographer. I like their way, man!

LolliPoP said:
They'r not married yet. Both of them share d same interest.
Both own high-end DSLR, eg 1Ds Mark II, EOS 20D
Both r pro photographer. I like their way, man!

thx for sharing....their photos are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.