Do u guys let anyone touch ur baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My EOS-30 is covered in gaffer tape and looks like sh*t and not many people want to handle it. Even if they drop it, it is much cheaper than a 10D / 1D so not much loss... and I can still get it repaired for much cheaper than a DSLR.

usually i don't mind, i mean being digital, pple always wanna see the photos, esp on casual occasions. on shooting assignments neh, i have no time to let them see.

anyway the general "rule of thumb" for me is, if they can afford to pay for it, they can touch it! mauahahahah.

anyway seriously speaking, most pple that wanna see or touch my cam know that i use it for freelancing and is part of my income. if they damage it, they'll sure know i'll demand compensation or replacement. as they say "tan chiak" one.. dun play play. ;p

Actually what i really cannot tahan is people leaving their very large oily noseprint on my the back of my camera - then *i* have to clean it off. And then having to put my nose right there where the print was. Yucks.

ST1100 said:
There are two types of dSLRs in the world: Those that have been dropped, and those that are going to be.

Lighten up. Worry more about how your pics can be better. :)
nooooooooooooooooooooo.......!!

my cam is still a "drop virgin" and i intend to keep her pure till marriage. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I normally baby shampoo my 10D and put baby cream and baby powder on it after drying.

Then I pass the baby around to let everybody hold it, touch it, hug it and kiss it with the body cap on.

After the baby get tired I put it back to the dry box to rock it to sleep.

Heh, my friend saw my D70 (the first time he'd seen one close) with a 50/1.8 mounted, initially he went, "you got a Nikon!" (the last time he'd seen me i was still using an 828) then he looked at the stubby little lens and his face looked like he was thinking, "what kinda crap $2000 camera is this? the lens so small ah??" He lost interest very quickly. :D

Why not? I have lured many pple here to the dark side after they have handled my DSLR, but of cos i will warn them of the weight first, i also warned them that once u tried, you will want to get one soon :D

Pro Image said:
Hehe....well make sure you really do it........dun say only hoh? :D
Fellow photographers touch still ok. They know wad they're doing.

But one who doesn't even know where the on/off button is? Dat's kinda risky. Maybe I shld stress on the price like u. Make it sound exaggerating. :eek:

Sion said:
I normally baby shampoo my 10D and put baby cream and baby powder on it after drying.

Then I pass the baby around to let everybody hold it, touch it, hug it and kiss it with the body cap on.

After the baby get tired I put it back to the dry box to rock it to sleep.

:bsmilie:rock it to sleep? wah don't rock too hard lor, else tomorrow it may not wake up anymore :bsmilie: ooh touch wood!

those not into photography, i will let them see my collection and 1st question from them will be 'hmmmm...how much has u spent on these hobby'
my reply: "well, i think it is abt more than a fresh grad 1 month engineer's salary for the body alone"

no problem if they are into photography.

Well, I did pass my manual SLR to a guy in my class once. He RAN off to wayang infont of some girls. After a while he came back, returned me my camera minus the eye cup. 'Got meh? Sure or not? Dunno leh...'
I nearly slapped that joker.

Anyway, I still do let people handle my cam nowadays. Just teach them how to hold the darn thing.

At least it's amusing listening to the silly things they say when you let them.
And I've realized for some people, they have problem distingusing 'Half-press' & 'Full-press'. :dunno:

can can... maximise the usage of the cam, of cos not to any tom, dick or harry (pardon me if there are really guys out there with these names :angel:), must be responsible or rich, then can upgrade me if the cam spoilt ;p

jsbn said:
I mean, ur precious baby... 300D, 10D or 1D.

Do u guys let anyone touch ur baby (perfect noobs to professionals)? Or do u only let photography newbies and professionals handle it to let them have a feel of it?

I got a little apprehensive when I let my buddy's wife handle it the first time (probably her last time too), she holds DSLRs by the sides and not the standard posture.... :bigeyes:

If it's only kids, i think i'll only let them review the pics while i hold my baby, if sensible adults wanna carry my baby, i'll make sure that the strap is around their neck so that when they do drop my camera (touch wood), i can strangle them with the strap.

FiveIronFrenzy said:
Well, I did pass my manual SLR to a guy in my class once. He RAN off to wayang infont of some girls. After a while he came back, returned me my camera minus the eye cup. 'Got meh? Sure or not? Dunno leh...'
I nearly slapped that joker.

Anyway, I still do let people handle my cam nowadays. Just teach them how to hold the darn thing.

At least it's amusing listening to the silly things they say when you let them.
And I've realized for some people, they have problem distingusing 'Half-press' & 'Full-press'. :dunno:
Horrors of horrors.

U shld have strangled him with the strap... :eek:

Ok, can't resist.

My webcam has been 'molested' by a lot of people already, I don't mind people touching and viewing my images off it, even people who've never handled a webcam before, actually have had quite a few ladies touching it and complaining it's very heavy but they still sit there rest it on their laps and view it off.

Similarly, it has been molested countless of times within the Nikon Council, am pretty sure almost all of them have at least squeezed off 1-2 shots at least when in their hands.

The only thing I don't do, is to loan it out of my sight (special cases apply). Apart from that even if it's a 70-200VR + D2H, I'm pretty sure I will let people touch it. :)

sriram said:
My EOS-30 is covered in gaffer tape and looks like sh*t and not many people want to handle it. Even if they drop it, it is much cheaper than a 10D / 1D so not much loss... and I can still get it repaired for much cheaper than a DSLR.
Dude, got a shot of it? I'd love to see how you gaffered your camera :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.