DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you attending this Sat's Photographic event at Suntec? I'm plannning to go... poison myself silly once again, no doubt...

Wah, who's going? Sounds interesting to me...
any more details? If timing can match up, perhaps we can meet outside and go in together. mid-to-late-afternoon?

Pasay, did you get any remote cord for your SB900? if yes, which one? SC-28 or SC-29? I'm clueless once again... :confused: SB900 manual is a really confusing read... I completely missed the chapters of Flash photography from D90's manual, will need to go back to it again... :sweat:

bro relax... a lot of the things is trial and error... don't 'drown' yourself in too much theory. I find that most people struggle with too much theory and little practical. Usually need that 'ah-ha!' moment then it sinks in :)

Pasay, did you get any remote cord for your SB900? if yes, which one? SC-28 or SC-29? I'm clueless once again... :confused: SB900 manual is a really confusing read... I completely missed the chapters of Flash photography from D90's manual, will need to go back to it again... :sweat:

Just get the MIC ones... Pixel is one I think. It is just a flash cord.

Wah, who's going? Sounds interesting to me...
any more details? If timing can match up, perhaps we can meet outside and go in together. mid-to-late-afternoon?

bro relax... a lot of the things is trial and error... don't 'drown' yourself in too much theory. I find that most people struggle with too much theory and little practical. Usually need that 'ah-ha!' moment then it sinks in :)

I know, thanks for your advice... it's just that the flash manual is such a heavy reading compared to the DSLR manual... :bsmilie: Those who go for "figures" will love it... for me I dread it... I'd think I should skip everything and go right to understanding the button functions and identities before going further... :sweat: And then test shoot a few to see if I can get the results I want before further reading...

Yep, I'll go there nevertheless, SMS me if you reach there as per usual.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I thought tomorrow is the Canon photomarathon? Or is it on Sunday?

I remember hearing about some photo event, I think organized by Asian Geographic. Not sure if it's this weekend.
But since kriegster mentioned it, I just put 2+2 together....

Coolthought brought it up.... wait lemme bring the link...

Havent yet, but planning to get one for so long alrdy. Especialy useful if u dont have line of sight from the d90 commander. But for home studio works, if it's off-cam i just use the d90's commander. I dont have a bracket so if hot-shoed to the d90, i just use light modifiers. :)

Havent yet, but planning to get one for so long alrdy. Especialy useful if u dont have line of sight from the d90 commander. But for home studio works, if it's off-cam i just use the d90's commander. I dont have a bracket so if hot-shoed to the d90, i just use light modifiers. :)

You can commandeer the SB900 from D90 even when it's just by the side by a few cm (without the cord?)?

What is a light modifier? Pardon me... if you can sum it up in short before I get drowned in reading from google searches...

Last edited:
You can commandeer the SB900 from D90 even when it's just by the side by a few cm (without the cord?)?

What is a light modifier? Pardon me... if you can sum it up in short before I get drowned in reading from google searches...
i tried using my D90 as a commander to my SB900.. works better in an enclose area like house, room.. not so effective in open areas.. unless u turn the infrared sensor of the SB900 to face D90.. :)

i tried using my D90 as a commander to my SB900.. works better in an enclose area like house, room.. not so effective in open areas.. unless u turn the infrared sensor of the SB900 to face D90.. :)

Still safer with the cords isit? :bsmilie:

to sum up:
off-cam on bracket = go for cords
off-cam on lightstands/softboxes = go for wireless

;)

Still safer with the cords isit? :bsmilie:

why don't you consider radio triggers? no need for line-of-sight but without the hassle of cords.

(~slowly injects BBB virus :devil: :bsmilie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.