DIY Bounce card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did one using 4r size photo paper, stick onto an unwanted mousepad using double sided tape.

dual purpose... the white side serves as a bounce card... the black side serves as a black surface to use when taking fireworks on bulb mode.. haha....

Hi,

I'm quite a newb too...wondering y u need the black surface when taking fireworks on bulb mode...?

Will be going to River Angbao next friday to take the opening works...in case dun come out well still got chance to go take again...

Hi AndyC,
the black matte surface is used as a 'black card' to block out light entering the lens when taking long exposure shots; in this case, fireworks... you can literally capture only what you want on that frame without stray light entering and over-exposing your frame :)

Hi AndyC,
the black matte surface is used as a 'black card' to block out light entering the lens when taking long exposure shots; in this case, fireworks... you can literally capture only what you want on that frame without stray light entering and over-exposing your frame :)

How do you use it? Make it into a cylinder or just cover the side where there are unwanted light (wat if there are unwanted light from more than one side?)? You would have to hold it by hand? Sorry if this seem stupid hor...

How do you use it? Make it into a cylinder or just cover the side where there are unwanted light (wat if there are unwanted light from more than one side?)? You would have to hold it by hand? Sorry if this seem stupid hor...

Can someone enlighten me abt this?

All you need to do is just to hold the black card against your lens - hence blocking out the light. No need to make it like a lens cap or cylinder.

And remember to be careful, not to touch the cam (& cause movement). :sweat:

How long you guys expose for fireworks?

Few seconds? Couple of minutes?

How long you guys expose for fireworks?

Few seconds? Couple of minutes?

Depends on how intense the action is and your preference. No hard and fast rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.