disguising your camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll just bring the oly mjuII. nobody wants to steal that cam.

mju 300 or a V3 or something small. the morocco picturebook featuring a canon ixus is still a great influence to my choice of camera when travelling. small camera dun mean it cannot take good pictures. =)

hmmm.. true true... i was thinking... its always better to hang the camera in the front.. so its always in sight ? isnt it better?? and ya... someone said bring monopod... get those heavy duty.. sure in handy one.. not for camera.. but as a Dog Beating Stick... lol
:bsmilie:

glennyong said:
Dog Beating Stick... lol

:nono:

dgb.JPG

I have not seen taped equipment before, can you show me pictures of what it looks like - does it mean to wrap up your camera in tape?
Is it a cheap alternative to transforming silver 300D to black 300D? hehe

adamadam said:

I think someone tried it before. I think it was in the dpreview.com's forum... anyone remember?

adamadam said:
I have not seen taped equipment before, can you show me pictures of what it looks like - does it mean to wrap up your camera in tape?
Would love to 'see' a fully taped SLR. Hee.....
Has anyone a pic of such weird stuff to show us?? :bsmilie:

evq said:
Would love to 'see' a fully taped SLR. Hee.....
Has anyone a pic of such weird stuff to show us?? :bsmilie:
See RossChang's 300D

Nearly all black! :bsmilie:

i just bring along my beater of a praktica or minolta or yashica, i figure once they see me winding it up, manually focusing, setting the aperture and shutter speed, they lose interest and look for something else.

espn said:
Eh before anybody replies, no mentioning of the Bah Zhang here ok? :nono:

Personally, I'll tape over the logos & tell tale signs. :)

i think you overdid yours. :bsmilie:

actually, i've never really encountered much problems, even in eastern europe and turkey. The one time i got pick pocketed, i swung my F3 on its strap at the guy. Caught him in the back. I thought i heard something crack but he still got away. Damn. My cam survived though. Good old nikon... That said, i've never taped up my cam other then to protect against commonly scratched areas.
Most ppl prob thing the bigger it is the more valuable it is, so there's no point really. My 1D even when taped up will still stick out like a sore thumb.

Interesting discussion here. Soon I'm going up to India for 6 months and now I'm wondering how am I going to protect my 300D from being snatched. Think I may consider a prosumer (non DSLR) camera as a backup when travelling to some places then.

I have my Leica R6.2 and Leica M both taped with gaffers for two reasons.

1 To make my cameras look as miserable as possible. But I think if someone is really out to get you, there is not much you can do! You can only try to avoid petty theft, not robbery/mugging.

Once photographing in Prague with my cameras properly camoflaged, a guy walked by and said "nice Leicas!".

2 To avoid as much cosmetic abuse as possible so that when I sell them, they still look good!

Geez....
Go traveling still have to worry so much things.....
i find tat very stressful leh.......
Wa lao........
Even camera strap also hv to use no brand one.....
I think if the robber wanna steal..... any brand of camera they will also rob lar....

Once photographing in Prague with my cameras properly camoflaged, a guy walked by and said "nice Leicas!".

Hah! :bsmilie:

student said:
I have my Leica R6.2 and Leica M both taped with gaffers for two reasons.

1 To make my cameras look as miserable as possible. But I think if someone is really out to get you, there is not much you can do! You can only try to avoid petty theft, not robbery/mugging.

2 To avoid as much cosmetic abuse as possible so that when I sell them, they still look good!

pal, the Lecia shape is distintive, its either that or the 'V' brand for that kind of shape. :bsmilie:

hahaha... i guess leicas are so famous, its hard to disguise it already lah.

me? i'm still trying to figure out how to gaffer my 300D properly. so far, i failed miserably twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.