Disadvantage of using macro lens for portraiture?

What disadvantage? Never had any disadvantage using macro lenses for portraiture.
Too sharp? Crap bokeh? Just more unfounded bullshit that just gets repeated imo.

3369360629_fa2c24b0d0_o.jpg

Pentax DFA 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Great photo. Was this taken by the latest 100mm macro lens?

What disadvantage? Never had any disadvantage using macro lenses for portraiture.
Too sharp? Crap bokeh? Just more unfounded bullshit that just gets repeated imo.

3369360629_fa2c24b0d0_o.jpg

Pentax DFA 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Honestyl though, I rather have my images SHARPER than SOFTER...

Sharp images can be easily PP-ed to be soft... but its a lot harder to PP soft into sharp... Which is why I'm hunting for a macro lens now!

60mm f2 or the 85mm f3.5?

The 135/105mmDC and the 85mmf1.2L are lovely lenses to play, but with abit of learning curve and can be a monster to tame. get the 135DC and u might lay ur zoom aside for portraitures.

what r u waiting for Numnumball :bsmilie:

ryan

I am ready..Ryan~ :bsmilie:
Just sold my 70-200 vr f2.8..
But the 135dcf/2 is damn hard to find :think:

I am ready..Ryan~ :bsmilie:
Just sold my 70-200 vr f2.8..
But the 135dcf/2 is damn hard to find :think:

difficult to find coz most users buy already can't bare to sell...i'm 1 of them:) had a hard time finding it locally as well, in the end ordered from japan ebay store... gd luck finding it. you'll love the lens:)

Just curious about using those close up adapters like Raynox 250, has anyone tried taking portrait shots using it before and how's the quality like?

Just curious about using those close up adapters like Raynox 250, has anyone tried taking portrait shots using it before and how's the quality like?

Erm, close up adaptors are for u to do macro using normal lenses. You probably can't focus on a person for portraits as you lose ability to focus to infinity.
Unless you want to take pictures of the pores on the face :)