[dingaroo] Sunday Sunrise Morning Shoot @ Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a haiku. However 17 Japanese moras do not always equate to 17 English syllables ("nan" counts as two moras and "nonda" as three)

I thought I was to commit harakiri to understand it ... so cheem!

May i drop in from a distance? i will not crash the shoot.

can i jooinn in too?
newbie btw annd still young!

-------------
1. dleugene
2. korbidp3k
3. ENDorphins
4. ahkok
5. Zeemons
6. alantsh
7. ptan218
8. iczazache
9. catsim
10. wildcat
11.sidmed
12. cookisnap
13.nacholibre

Participants:
-------------
1. dleugene
2. korbidp3k
3. ENDorphins
4. ahkok
5. Zeemons
6. alantsh
7. ptan218
8. iczazache
9. catsim
10. wildcat
11.sidmed5
12. cookisnap
13. scubagolfer & mrs scubagolfer
14. pit01 <---------------- might as well join in if you are already there!
15. nacholibre
-------------

Cheers!

May I know when and where shall we meet?

Ok, logistics time.

Sunrise on Sunday is 6.58am, according to the NEA's website.

As such, it is best if you can come before the blue hour, when the sky is deep blue, because for sunrise, unlike sunset, the blue hour comes and goes in less than 10 minutes (from my observation).

As such, I will be there by 6.15am to 6.30am.

Meeting location:
Outdoor theatre (link)

Weather:
NEA predicts there will be morning showers with thunder. As such, I need everyone who has not given me their contact number to PM me your details as I will update you at 5.00am if the shoot is a GO or NO GO.
If it rains, NO GO.
Else, we will continue.

Equipment:
1. Camera
2. Tripod (Necessary)
3. Torchlight
4. Water & light snack (optional)
5. For newbies, bring along your camera's manual.
6. Remote Shutter (optional)

Schedule:
06.15 - 06.30 = Get to know and briefing for newbies
06.30 - 08.00 = Setup, and shoot away
08.00 - 08.30 = Packup
08.30 onwards = Breakfast and TCSS

Getting there:
1. By bus ... if you can catch the morning bus to Marina Bay area.
2. By MRT ... you can take MRT and hit Citilink ... the linkway is open from 5.45am to connect to the Esplanade.
3. By Taxi ... you will have to pay midnight charge if you leave early.

If you drive, and am willing to pool a ride with others, do announce it on the posting. That way, everyone may reach Esplanade early!
Where to park if you drive? Esplanade has free parking (until end of June 2010) from 6.00am to 2.00pm.

Last but not least, my contact number is 9435-1330. Thanks!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wah, if I can get there by 6.15am, I will wanna take as many shots as possible (as that is the time I haven't got any), especially the sidewall near Esplanade which switches off by around 6.30am. Sorry if I seem a bit anti-social that early :p

Guys, I'll be driving down on sunday and if you want to hitch a ride, let me know. I'll going down from toa payoh.

Eh... am i too late???

:)

Wah, if I can get there by 6.15am, I will wanna take as many shots as possible (as that is the time I haven't got any), especially the sidewall near Esplanade which switches off by around 6.30am. Sorry if I seem a bit anti-social that early :p

I'll be antisocial at that hour too!!! Cos I don't want to open my mouth fearing others will faint from my morning breath! Hehehehee!

No problem. Go ahead and shoot but you'll treat us coffee ...lol! Just kidding :)

Participants: (updated on 5th June, 1.02pm)
-------------
1. dleugene
2. korbidp3k
3. ENDorphins
4. ahkok
5. Zeemons
6. alantsh
7. ptan218
8. iczazache
9. catsim
10. wildcat
11.sidmed5
12. cookisnap
13. scubagolfer & mrs scubagolfer
14. pit01
15. nacholibre
16. conkeychua
-------------

Which side-wall are you referring to? Must have slipped my attention, despite being the vicinity quite often. Or maybe I'll just headed down early too and see who's up snapping at walls :)

I'll be antisocial at that hour too!!! Cos I don't want to open my mouth fearing others will faint from my morning breath! Hehehehee!

No problem. Go ahead and shoot but you'll treat us coffee ...lol! Just kidding :)

No problem. One cup coffee, 11 people share okay? :bsmilie:

I just saw this outing post. If its not too late, may I join please? Thanks. :)

Which side-wall are you referring to? Must have slipped my attention, despite being the vicinity quite often. Or maybe I'll just headed down early too and see who's up snapping at walls :)

The wall on the right. The last time, I saw it, I set up, I took a while to adjust all the tripod legs until head is straight straight (that time still dunno how to straighten head the easy way), adjust camera settings... the lights went out and I did a face palm.

The wall on the right. The last time, I saw it, I set up, I took a while to adjust all the tripod legs until head is straight straight (that time still dunno how to straighten head the easy way), adjust camera settings... the lights went out and I did a face palm.

Can teach the easy way to adjust?

Thanks Dingaroo. Anyway, I just sms'ed you before posting, hope its OK. See ya' guys tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.