Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
When a baby takes his first steps. When a loved one says “yes” ….

We challenge you to creatively capture special moments of births and weddings.

The Singapore History Museum is pleased to present this digital photography competition in conjunction with the upcoming exhibition on traditions weddings and birth customs of Singapore.

The museum challenges students and the general public to be creative and daring in the interpretation of the themes.

The competition comprises of a Student category (aged 14 to 24 years old) and an Open category. Please read and adhere to the rules and regulations before submitting your entries.

To create a greater awareness of digital photography, there will be a free basic digital photography course. Limited to the first 80 callers. For registration,

please call 332 4075.

1. This Contest is open to all resident of Singapore except for employees of National Heritage Board, Fuji Photo Film (Singapore) Pte Ltd, its advertising agencies and their immediate families.
  2. Participants may send in as many entries as they wish (photocopies of the entry forms are accepted). Each photo must be attached to an application form.
  3. The entries can be either stand alone image or a photo essay of not more than 5 images.
  4. The entries must be printed on e.pic prints via Print@Fujicolor.
  5. Participants must be members of Print@Fujicolor at www.fujifilm.com.sg
  6. For student category, please indicate your school. The open category is only for the citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
  7. Please include the following details with your submission:
    - Your name
    - Email address
    - Title for the photo
    - Brief description of your photo
    - Where the photo was taken
    - When it was taken
    - Description on technique if required
  8. You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all photos entered.
  9. Entries will be judged based on the content, picture composition, picture quality, photography technique and creativity.
  10. In the event of a tie, the photo that is clearer and sharper will be selected as the winner.
  11. Please submit 5R size photographers. Only photographs of this size will be accepted. Maximum 4MB per image
  12. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Winning entries shall remain the property of the organizers who retain the right to reproduce, publish or exhibit them without notification or payment to the entrants.
  13. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entertained. All winners will be notified by email or by post.
  14. The organizer reserves the right to change or replace prizes with another of equal or greater value should the featured prize(s) become unavailable.
  15. Winning entries will be displayed in the Singapore History Museum for 3 months.
  16. Entries with incomplete forms will be rejected.
  17. Unselected entries will be made available for collection at the Singapore History Museum

[/list=1]
    • Registration forms is available at Singapore History Museum, 93 Stamford Road and downloadable at www.fujifilm.com.sg
    • For more information, please call 332 4075

Send in your entry before the closing date on 14 April 2002

Student Category

1st prize x 1
Camera Fujifilm FinePix 30i + 64MB SmartMedia, total worth $958 + $100 worth of e.pic.prints

2nd prize x 1
Camera Fujifilm A201 worth $549 + $50 worth of e.pic.prints

3rd prize x 1
Camera Fujifilm Instant Mini 10 + $50 worth of e.pic.prints

Consolation prize x 5
$20 worth of e.pic.prints
$20 book voucher

Open Category

1st prize x 1
Camera Fujifilm FinePix 6800 worth $1299 + $100 worth of e.pic.prints & $500 cash

2nd prize x 1
Camera Fujifilm FinePix 2800 worth $799 + $100 worth of e.pic.prints & $300 cash

3rd prize x 1
Camera Fujifilm Instant Mini 10 worth $159 + $50 worth of e.pic.prints and $200 cash

Consolation prize x 5
$30 worth of e.pic.prints
$50 cash

All e.pic.prints are redeemable at Print@Fujicolor

Well, I've got pictures of my children taking their first breaths, but there's some R(A) in the background, so I won't be posting those pics!

Originally posted by Simon
  1. Please submit 5R size photographers. Only photographers of this size will be accepted. Maximum 4MB per image

1. So I guess I can't participate in this competition can I? I'm definitely bigger than 5R.;)

Very tough theme leh....

All go camp at KK..... With Camera and stacks of close up lense, wearing camo. Piangz, no kids in the house, how to take pic... Now aspire to get one also too late... need 9 months, by then competition over liao.....

Wedding also can. :)

Anyway, they did not say it's for digital camera images only, so I suppose film scans are also allowed? As long as you send it for an e-pic print right? :D

Regards
CK

Full Details and Applications can be download at http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/competition/

geofotoweb_04.gif

I called up Singapore History Museum (Tel:332 4075) to enquiry about the free basic digital photography course this morning.

There are still some vacancies left.

The date is 9 Feb 2002 Sat 4-6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.