Did the work of us human beings screw up the whole weather system on our fair planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...That is not conclusive just because you can't stand 60 degrees of heat, the climates range from negatives to the mid thirties usually, so humans have gotten used and formulated methods to respond to that range of living.

...In general a global rise of 4 degrees would be useful for the temperate countries, and not affect the tropics by all that much.

If we put one of our feet on ice and the other in fire, the average feeling is not equal to good. We can't add 4 or minus 4 and average them like what we do in statistical studies.

The snowcaps help keep the earth cool by reflecting away heat from the sun. When global temp rises, we will loss these snowcaps and also a big portion of the icebergs. Major rivers will burst its banks and a lot of farm lands will be lost due to rising sea level. Land salination is irreversible. No more coral reefs and fish stocks.

In temperate countries, warmer summer also equal harsher winter... Plus snow stroms, torrential rains ect due to climate changes.
It is not +4 in summer = +4 in winter.

The weather changes every once in awhile. We accelerated the process, but nah I don't think it counts as screwing it up..

If we put one of our feet on ice and the other in fire, the average feeling is not equal to good. We can't add 4 or minus 4 and average them like what we do in statistical studies.

The snowcaps help keep the earth cool by reflecting away heat from the sun. When global temp rises, we will loss these snowcaps and also a big portion of the icebergs. Major rivers will burst its banks and a lot of farm lands will be lost due to rising sea level. Land salination is irreversible. No more coral reefs and fish stocks.

In temperate countries, warmer summer also equal harsher winter... Plus snow stroms, torrential rains ect due to climate changes.
It is not +4 in summer = +4 in winter.

Not to mention if the polar ice caps melts, sea levels will rise, land will disappear, SG will need to reclaim land again, and so will need sand, but since land will be disappearing under the sea, no one will sell us sand, so Marine Parade will really be Marine, Singapore River will become Singapore Sea....

I'm having a headache...

Not to mention if the polar ice caps melts, sea levels will rise, land will disappear, SG will need to reclaim land again, and so will need sand, but since land will be disappearing under the sea, no one will sell us sand, so Marine Parade will really be Marine, Singapore River will become Singapore Sea....

I'm having a headache...

You can always get sand from the seabed..

I'm having a headache...

Don't worry Brother, you talk to Night86mare and he will be able make you feel good.:D
He thinks global warming is better for mankind.

Was over to Tioman over the weekend, and it really was hotter than normal.

Screwed up my tan as well... :bsmilie:

So why aren't we?

Think about it.

We are. Extracting sand from the seabed is just more expensive, for obvious reasons. More expensive equipment is need for offshore dredging. Dredging too close to the shore causes erosion, making it uneconomical, so countries that export sand just get the sand right off the beaches. I know my stuff.

Dredging too close to the shore causes erosion, making it uneconomical...

And unenvironmental.

There are ecosystems on the seabed.

And unenvironmental.

There are ecosystems on the seabed.

Exactly why is that a reason to not do it if we were at risk of being submerged? I mean man has cleared away god knows how many ecosystems on land, no reason to not do it off land, much less in dire times..

Exactly why is that a reason to not do it if we were at risk of being submerged? I mean man has cleared away god knows how many ecosystems on land, no reason to not do it off land, much less in dire times..

And you missed the whole point of my original post.

Stop the global warming, and we won't be submerged.

Status
Not open for further replies.