Deuter Trans Alpine 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octopuz

Aug 13, 2003
Woodlands
octopuz.fotopic.net
Hi,

I'm thinkin to buy this bag for travel, daily use and photography.... Normally I'll bring along my A70, some filters and Sprint pro tripod while traveling... Do u think tat sprint pro can fit in the side mesh pocket ? Any other comment or recommendation? :embrass:

I went to a bag shop in westmall (think lvl 4) and they sell this bag at 119? Is it expensive? Dunno can bargain or not.. :dunno:

Thanks...

Can't comment much about your choice, but for consideration, I used to use a lower pro rover light...Too large... Now I just use a deuter Hip Pack L (the hip bag that reminds you of a military webbing or sbo), despite the lack of padding, i like it's size. I can just throw my Minolta A1, 3600 Flash, a Sharp View cam and a couple of extra batts, tapes and go, carrying my tripod by hand or tripod strap. The sprint is pretty small, but I wounldn't advice carrying a tripod on a bag's side pockets...it'll uncomfortable after carrying it for a while as it's put your bag off balance... tiring... hee... I just strap my tripod to my back like a rifle or throw it on the ground when i shoot...

Flare said:
Can't comment much about your choice, but for consideration, I used to use a lower pro rover light...Too large... Now I just use a deuter Hip Pack L (the hip bag that reminds you of a military webbing or sbo), despite the lack of padding, i like it's size. I can just throw my Minolta A1, 3600 Flash, a Sharp View cam and a couple of extra batts, tapes and go, carrying my tripod by hand or tripod strap. The sprint is pretty small, but I wounldn't advice carrying a tripod on a bag's side pockets...it'll uncomfortable after carrying it for a while as it's put your bag off balance... tiring... hee... I just strap my tripod to my back like a rifle or throw it on the ground when i shoot...

Thanks for ur advice...
I need a large backpack coz I'm traveling to and fro to JB almost weekly.. I'm also afraid the side mesh pocket cant suppor the weight of the tripod.. Thanks for ur tripod advise... ;) Maybe consider Alpine 25.. Cheaper...

Octopuz said:
Thanks for ur advice...
I need a large backpack coz I'm traveling to and fro to JB almost weekly.. I'm also afraid the side mesh pocket cant suppor the weight of the tripod.. Thanks for ur tripod advise... ;) Maybe consider Alpine 25.. Cheaper...

not sure about camera equipment but the transalpine is a great bag. (I have a transalpine 22!) There's even a waterproof cover attached! The only downside is seeing so many people carrying the same bag.

If you want to carry a heavy tripod, can look for other bags that may have a special buckle or something. Transalpine has 2 buckles for carrying cycling helmet. If I remember correctly Dakine bags (available at world of sports) has attachments for ski-poles or diving equipment.

Lastly, i think beach road market is still cheaper than sports connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.