DECT Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 5 Philips DECT phone and 3 of them are dead. Better think twice.

Wolfgang said:
Yeah, i probbaly will drop by one of these days to have a chat with him. :)

Yeah, i kinda regret not getting the Philips DECT phone... :cry:

Dennis said:
I have 5 Philips DECT phone and 3 of them are dead. Better think twice.

Whoa... 60% of your phones are dead? :what: Did Philips ever explained to you what happened?

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up Dennis. :)

After warrenty could not be bothered and they seems to be intermitten. I purchase new ones again from Philips thinking that they would be improved but also same. To date I have repaired only 2 philips set. Also I am not sure if all DECT phones can be used together (i.e. Philips base station and other make handset) as the Philips technician tells me others cannot be used together with their base. So far all Philips handset can be used with all the different base station. Explanation ??. I think they do not know what is wrong too, just change spare parts loh and hope that it works.

Note that other handset as long as GAP compliant should be able to be used together but I am not sure as some does not state GAP compliant etc.

Wolfgang said:
Whoa... 60% of your phones are dead? :what: Did Philips ever explained to you what happened?

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up Dennis. :)

Same bad experience as Dennis, Philips DECT phones? :nono: :nono: :nono:

Got another friend bought the Philips' top end DECT phone, also... Vow not to get any more Philips stuff. ;)

Been using Siemens and Panasonic DECT phones, no major problem except for the batts (needs changing). Occassion cleaning of the keypad contacts also prolong the usable life. Well, just some rantings.

As for the Enzer, WG, u might want to charge and discharge the original batteries a cycle or two using a normal charger? Sounds like a battery problem to me.

And for upping the capacity, my Panasonic comes with 650mAh NiCd, I've changed it to 1600mAh NiMH with no problems at all.

Yah my Phillips DECT died. Managed to revive it by cleaning the wet gunk from the contacts, but died again soon after. Replaced with a pair of Panasonic DECT phones (base + remote charger). Living happily ever after.

StreetShooter said:
Yah my Phillips DECT died. Managed to revive it by cleaning the wet gunk from the contacts, but died again soon after. Replaced with a pair of Panasonic DECT phones (base + remote charger). Living happily ever after.

:think: Cool.. how much was that? :D

Wolfgang said:
Yeah, i know. Any idea where to buy them and how much they cost? :p

This is getting abit OT... :p :D

There is one that is in the market (Saw one at harvey norman and also a neighbourhood shop.)
But I dont think the ones i saw are made from bakelite. more like the usual plastic but it still has a rotary dialing mechanism (instead of buttons).
Costs about $90 or so. Available in red(but its dull red - closer to maroon - I thought a bright red one would look nice) abd black

there was an offer on Panasonic DECT at Harvey Norman Millinia Walk. Got mine for S$145 (usual S$199) but added additional 2 year warranty at S$22 extra. The Panasonic DECT single handset one (but without caller ID) was going for S$75. :D

Wolfgang said:
:think: Cool.. how much was that? :D

There's a recent promotion by Panasonic on their new series of DECT phones, ranging from $149 to $249, but if u have any working phone (analog or digital or whatever), u can trade it in for $50. The working phone will go to some charity organisations.

I've forgotten if the offer ends Sep 04 or Oct 04. You might want to check it out in Harvey Norman, Best Denki, etc electronic supermarts. :)

Wolfgang said:
Sweet. Lemme go back and check and get a set of AAA 2500 Sanyos from EastGear. ;) Thanks again Tee. :)

Hopefully that solves my problem. Unless it's the problem that Dennis mentioned... :sweat:

Err, there are no 2500 mAh AAA NiMH batteries, only 800 mAh ones. The 2500's are AA sized.

I suspect that your existing batteries might need reconditioning, since they're always being charged before being fully discharged. Same problem with other types of cordless phones as well, though those might be using Nicd batteries instead.

Wolfgang said:
Yeah, i know. Any idea where to buy them and how much they cost?

Check this out
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg/auction/87989304?aucview=0x13

Status
Not open for further replies.