DBS Marina Regatta 2013 [Updated post with photo contest]

Hi everyone, best to meet and gather at 1.50pm at the Singapore Cruise Centre, situated very near to Avalon at the outside of MBS.

ah my bad, please cancel #18, as I already shot on the bumboat today...

it's a 30 minute ride only. since you are on the water, i doubt you can leave the boat huh...

I see,i should give it a miss then.
i thought its was permanent and i was there shooting today.
Pls withdraw #24.
Sorry for any inconveniences.
thank you.

Something cropped up. Won't be able to make it. Do remove 15. Thank you!

DBS Marina Regatta - Bay Festival

Date: 24 (Fri) & 25 (Sat) May 2013

Into its second year, the DBS Marina Regatta is growing bigger and better in 2013 with a brand new Bay Festival!

Following a weekend of exhilarating dragon boat races on 18 and 19 May, the DBS Marina Regatta – Bay Festival offers an exciting programme and wide range of activities that cater to both young and old. From Watersports by the Bay, Family Fun by the Bay, to Rhythms by the Bay, there is every reason for you, your families and friends to come to Marina Bay on 24 & 25 May.

Admission to DBS Marina Regatta is free!

Watersports by the Bay

On 24 May, the Marina Bay waters will be buzzing with action as close to 50 dragon teams from secondary schools and various community groups give their best in the invitational races. Click here for information on rules and regulations.

On 25 May, it will be your chance to have a splashing good time – simply sign up onsite on that day for one of our dragon boating or kayaking sessions! Registration will be open from 2.30pm on a first-come-first-served basis. More details will be made available on 10 May. Do check back!

Family Fun by the Bay

Create special memories with your loved ones and friends on 24 & 25 May. From archery, art & crafts, to roving circus acts and Kinect, you can expect many interesting activities at the Bay Festival. Don’t forget to bring your cameras to capture the special moments!

At DBS, we are committed to supporting social entrepreneurship because we believe social enterprises offer innovative and sustainable solutions to the social challenges in Asia. We are therefore pleased to bring you the Social Enterprise Carnival @ DBS Marina Regatta. On this weekend, we are partnering over 10 social enterprises to offer games, food and beverages and many other fun activities. Come and find out more about these social enterprises and their causes.

Rhythms by the Bay

The finals of the DBS Marina Regatta Drum Challenge will be held on 25 May, following the semi-finals on 19 May. The best of the best percussion groups in Singapore will battle it out on stage for the top prize of $5,000. Let them inspire you with their talent and energy! The list of finalists will be announced on this website on 21 May. In the meantime, click here to find out more about the Drum Challenge.

On 25 May, you will be entertained by popular local acts, including Electrico, Jack and Rai, Jessica Soo and Mel & Joe, with Kelly Latimer as the emcee.

Check out the 'live' performances at the DBS Marina Regatta – Bay Festival on 25 May.

DBS Marina Regatta 2013

bayfestival-highlights-table.png

Last edited: