[daredevil123] Journey 2009 - A Photo A Week 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
23-Sep-2009

MacRitchie Sunset.

3936317142_cc9613f474_o.jpg

This is a picture taken around 1.5 weeks ago, when the haze wasn't as bad. Taken on Sep 12th at MacRitchie Reservoir as the sun was setting.

Last edited:
29-Sept-2009

Morning prayers to the sea

3965638223_ec395c85f4.jpg

Just came back from Bali and I just had to share this picture.

Last edited:
Welcome to APAD, hope to see more from you. :)

30-Sep-2009

Uluwatu Cliffs

3966357326_7d246eac2d.jpg

Last edited:
1-Oct-2009

Happiness

3969783201_ab1a81055a.jpg

Last edited:
7-Oct-2009

Dramatic Sunset at Marina

3989718166_722d3acd4b_o.jpg

Missed processing this little number that last time around. Taken by my old camera which has been sold.

The clouds made a dramatic last stand over the city of Singapore, as the sun began to set. A glorious sight indeed.

Missed processing this little number that last time around. Taken by my old camera which has been sold.

The clouds made a dramatic last stand over the city of Singapore, as the sun began to set. A glorious sight indeed.
very dramatic indeed.

everytime i see this scene i feel sad. it has a lot of potential but for that block of land on the lower left, which almost always spoils everything. cropping out the water entirely also makes the bottom feel way too tight. :/

anyways, i might consider removing that bluish cast on the buildings selectively using layers.. :)

very dramatic indeed.

everytime i see this scene i feel sad. it has a lot of potential but for that block of land on the lower left, which almost always spoils everything. cropping out the water entirely also makes the bottom feel way too tight. :/

anyways, i might consider removing that bluish cast on the buildings selectively using layers.. :)

Thanks for the comments bro. Yes, that block of land comes up again and again.... and it will come out more in the future as that view is one of the top favorites for newbies and oldies alike. Sigh...

About the blue hue on the buildings, I was thinking about that while I hit the upload button. It is one of those process-or-leave-it-alone arguments that I come across many times. I might just try it sometime and update flickr and this page... see how...

Last edited:
14-Oct-2009

Explosion of light at sunrise

4004130440_5db738d137_o.jpg

wow, some of ur photos are glorious.. i love the sunset pics (at macritchie and marina)
especially the macritchie one, i have no idea some of u guys get that color like that.. the reddish purple.. is that how it looked naturally, or is that a different technique, or does it involve post-processing? haha, i guess its not that easy to explain, but i really wanna learn to capture light like that! :) awesome

wow, some of ur photos are glorious.. i love the sunset pics (at macritchie and marina)
especially the macritchie one, i have no idea some of u guys get that color like that.. the reddish purple.. is that how it looked naturally, or is that a different technique, or does it involve post-processing? haha, i guess its not that easy to explain, but i really wanna learn to capture light like that! :) awesome

There is definitely some PP effort involved. But the first thing you need to learn is to use M mode to take pictures. And learn how to adjust shutter speed and aperture and ISO to get the effect you want. Slightly underexposed pictures look very different.

And thanks for your kind words. I am still learning. Let me know if you have more questions. Best way to learn is to share more and shoot more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.