D90 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virus can transmit over internet, you dunno meh?? :D

lolx... jia luck.. i better think of ways to make $ grow faster..

ok guys. i have to announce something. i'm going to get the sirui T1004X with G20. when i have the money... haha. one qn... do they accept credit??

Congra!!! yes of course they do.. they are happy to accept credit card!!! :thumbsup:

Skylover, thanks perhaps meeting up one of these days would be the best for me to learn. When are you thinking of getting the bag, Perhaps that would be the day You could teach me. Thank you in advance ^^

lolx.. I'm no expert. But I can help you get the right setting you need ya.. :angel:
how about next Friday? Cause I not wearing formal on that day. Feel more comfortable :devil: to shop.

ok guys. i have to announce something. i'm going to get the sirui T1004X with G20. when i have the money... haha. one qn... do they accept credit??

If getting a T1004x, just get a G10 bh will do. No point going for G20.

Tripod max is 10kg. bh G10 max was listed at 10kg also. Recently changed to 18kg. :dunno:

If getting a T1004x, just get a G10 bh will do. No point going for G20.

Tripod max is 10kg. bh G10 max was listed at 10kg also. Recently changed to 18kg. :dunno:

Hmmm... Both bh are built approximately the same right? Other than the size and max load

thks for the info

they is very useful

Buy that setup new in TK cost 180... and this fellow is trying to sell a used set for higher than the new price... :bigeyes::bigeyes::eek:

er... i think his is M1004X. he mentioned tt one of the legs can be detached.

if u dun mind get the R series. with G20 head.
i am using the R2204 with G20, personally i felt it very good.

good enuff for D90 and 18-105/17-50. and i am quite tall, abt 1.8, thus this particular height is good for me.

tips on buying tripod. weight is a consideration. but diameter of the smallest leg must not be too small. otherwise it will be shaky too.

also do u think u will take micro/low level subject, if yes check out the lowest height. if unsure then dun need.

senior pls do fill in more info for those interested in getting tripod.

if u dun mind get the R series. with G20 head.
i am using the R2204 with G20, personally i felt it very good.

good enuff for D90 and 18-105/17-50. and i am quite tall, abt 1.8, thus this particular height is good for me.

tips on buying tripod. weight is a consideration. but diameter of the smallest leg must not be too small. otherwise it will be shaky too.

also do u think u will take micro/low level subject, if yes check out the lowest height. if unsure then dun need.

senior pls do fill in more info for those interested in getting tripod.

Not a senior, but I'll chime in as well. Agree with what you've mentioned. Last leg section is a major consideration if you want an overall sturdy tripod. R series is good enough for the most basic requirements for sturdiness. I'm using the N2204, a sibbling of the R2204, quite similar if you remove all the additional options from N2204, they are basically sound and sturdy due to the thickness of the last sections. Not saying the rest of the series not good, it's just that they cater to different needs.

M series, if I'm not wrong folds up differently from the usual tripods... they fold flat, the top of the tripod legs are offset slightly in height so as to facilitate the flat-folding method.

Ask for the Sirui catalogue, guys - you'll see and be able to compare all the differences (weight, height, options, blah, blah) between all the models. It's a good, recommended toilet reading (bad habit, btw)... :sweatsm:

As for Sirui's ballhead... urm... okayz...but my advice is...go for the better ones out there if you can, this is if you're seriously going into landscape in the longer run and not a half-past-six-passion. For me, I didn't get my tripod and ballhead set up in one day... I had to remain "ball-less" (pardon the pun) for quite a while when I purchased my tripod... It's the only way to not spend like there is no tomorrow. This is the exact sequence... After my DSLR, I went for the base plate for the ballhead...wait wait wait... (look at the tripod catalogue)... consider, consider, consider...okay got tripod....wait wait wait again (same cycle) for the ballhead (juggling between two brands)... and then finally get the ballhead... after which...the UWA lens...(another long waiting period).

Last edited:
Not a senior, but I'll chime in as well. Agree with what you've mentioned. Last leg section is a major consideration if you want an overall sturdy tripod. R series is good enough for the most basic requirements for sturdiness. I'm using the N2204, a sibbling of the R2204, quite similar if you remove all the additional options from N2204, they are basically sound and sturdy due to the thickness of the last sections. Not saying the rest of the series not good, it's just that they cater to different needs.

M series, if I'm not wrong folds up differently from the usual tripods... they fold flat, the top of the tripod legs are offset slightly in height so as to facilitate the flat-folding method.

Ask for the Sirui catalogue, guys - you'll see and be able to compare all the differences (weight, height, options, blah, blah) between all the models. It's a good, recommended toilet reading (bad habit, btw)... :sweatsm:

As for Sirui's ballhead... urm... okayz...but my advice is...go for the better ones out there if you can, this is if you're seriously going into landscape in the longer run and not a half-past-six-passion. For me, I didn't get my tripod and ballhead set up in one day... I had to remain "ball-less" (pardon the pun) for quite a while when I purchased my tripod... It's the only way to not spend like there is no tomorrow. This is the exact sequence... After my DSLR, I went for the base plate for the ballhead...wait wait wait... (look at the tripod catalogue)... consider, consider, consider...okay got tripod....wait wait wait again (same cycle) for the ballhead (juggling between two brands)... and then finally get the ballhead... after which...the UWA lens...(another long waiting period).

Actually that is the best way to counter compulsive and impulsive BBB. The dark side of the force is strong. Envy, and Lust belongs to the dark side... :devil:

Bro, you could had said "headless" instead... :bsmilie:

Anyway, bro, I think for landscape people, don't have too get too good too expensive also la. Most of the time we tout UWAs, which are not that heavy anyway. The people who need super strong equipment are the sports, wildlife, adventure, macro and birding people...

Actually that is the best way to counter compulsive and impulsive BBB. The dark side of the force is strong. Envy, and Lust belongs to the dark side... :devil:

Anyway, bro, I think for landscape people, don't have too get too good too expensive also la. Most of the time we tout UWAs, which are not that heavy anyway. The people who need super strong equipment are the sports, wildlife, adventure, macro and birding people...

lolx.. i agree with that. In my opinion, best is to buy what you really need. I believe everybody's shooting style, preference are different thus only buy if there's really a need. don't need to buy whenever there is something new out of the market etc. :lovegrin:

haha. u talking abt your dear friend NNB? his equipment strong he also very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.