D800 User Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
kcchew said:
No worries! I got poisoned deep deep by the D800, now thinking about how to restructure my lens collection in the future...

Hopefully my current collection of lens will work well with new body. Will wait for more review before moving to D800.

Last edited:
Flickr: aFrIcanSH's Photostream

More D800 shots! This time from bukit timah nature reserve. I am still exhausted..

It's growing onto to me every day.

Waiting for the arrival of my D800... brought N24-70 half year back, right choice, sold S18-50 just, feel great with the $$$ on hand, left will N50f1.8D & S10-20. N50 still can use, good news, still thinking need to sell S10-20? humm...
D800 owners can advice?

24mm is pretty wide on fx for me, not sure about you though. I suppose the sigma 10-20 would still have some use on dx crop mode cause it'd be a 15-30 and that's still wider than 24mm.
I'd sell it only after buying the D800 but to be honest i'd prefer better glass than the 10-20mm on it. Not to say it isn't great (wouldn't know) but i'd rather shoot an fx lens on fx.

Waiting for the arrival of my D800... brought N24-70 half year back, right choice, sold S18-50 just, feel great with the $$$ on hand, left will N50f1.8D & S10-20. N50 still can use, good news, still thinking need to sell S10-20? humm...
D800 owners can advice?

N24-70 will be a great versatile lens. If you desire something wider, you can consider 16mm FE. Sharp and the perspective you get from this lens is refreshing. I carry it for travel as it can capture wider shot and yet the lens is compact and light to pack in the bag.

As for 14-24, it pretty wide and extremely sharp. You can view the pictures I have taken with 14-24 and D800 on my flickr. The downside of the lens is it is heavy to carry when traveling, so I tend to leave at home when traveling.

D800 owners can advice?

If you are ready to upgrade, can sell your siggy.

N14-24 lens is protruding, u can't really screw a filter in so quite unlikely to carry around too.

ProSeow2010 said:
D800 owners can advice?

Sell the Sigma 10-20 lor. I wouldn't use the 50mm f/1.8D either, but that's me.

To preserve the lense, you better think of either not buying or sell off the D800.
:)

D800 & 105mm (trying not to let this thread slip down the page)

Last edited:
7087503111_00dba479dd_b.jpg

let's keep it alive. shot with 24-120 F4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/superboink/7087503111/

Last edited:
The LCD screen protector is available at DOML -> DOML Nikon D800

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

i have this problem with my D800 as well and have reported this problem to Nikon Singapore. I urge anyone that has this problem to report it to Nikon Singapore asap. The technician there has told me that they have brought this issue up to HongKong Nikon. However, he mentioned that as the number of reported cases are not in large numbers, the issue is probably not taken as a high priority. So if anyone has this problem do report asap so that they will expedite the case.

It's a world wide problem, Nikon Japan should already be aware right? If u can find on Internet easily, it should already be a raised issue le bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.