D800/E or D600

I AM so jealous ... :(

Why jealous??? every shop actually having stock depending on how much you willing to pay :)

Its not bout stock.
its bout burning huge hole in my pocket :(
anyways ........ I hope price will reduce next year and left focusing issues (on D800) solved ;)

Last edited:
Kit said:
I was really struggling with the write-up.....

Just look at the pics, let them do the talking :p

Nikon D800 price seems like start to hike. The price is showing upward trend, and most shops are only willing to give discount if u pay cash or net.

Finally give upy wait and jump on broad D800oday, charging it to installment at Havey Norman Funan asthe price difference is minimum with 2x 8gbyte CF.

Test fire at Chinatown, and the superior performance at ISO3200 low light condition just blow away my good old Fuji S5.

archon75 said:
Nikon D800 price seems like start to hike. The price is showing upward trend, and most shops are only willing to give discount if u pay cash or net.

Finally give upy wait and jump on broad D800oday, charging it to installment at Havey Norman Funan asthe price difference is minimum with 2x 8gbyte CF.

Test fire at Chinatown, and the superior performance at ISO3200 low light condition just blow away my good old Fuji S5.

Welcome to the club :)

sikdik said:
Its not bout stock.
its bout burning huge hole in my pocket :(
anyways ........ I hope price will reduce next year and left focusing issues (on D800) solved ;)

Well those new batch of D800/E doesn't seems to suffer from these issue now.

Don't wait just join the club of D800 hehe

Hi D800 users, im intending to switch from D300s to either D3s or D800. I have one DX 18 - 200mm VRII which i find it useful for my hobby.
If i changed to D800, will 18 - 200mm VRII be useful or is there any FX lens similar to this lens? Thanks!!

emblef said:
Hi D800 users, im intending to switch from D300s to either D3s or D800. I have one DX 18 - 200mm VRII which i find it useful for my hobby.
If i changed to D800, will 18 - 200mm VRII be useful or is there any FX lens similar to this lens? Thanks!!

The 18-200mm VRII is a DX lens. You may wish to consider switching to the 28-300mm to tap on the functionality of the 36MP FX sensor.

Well you will still be able to use it in DX mode on FX body just that ur MP will then be reduce.
Or you can look for alternative in FX lens

The 18-200mm VRII is a DX lens. You may wish to consider switching to the 28-300mm to tap on the functionality of the 36MP FX sensor.

Well you will still be able to use it in DX mode on FX body just that ur MP will then be reduce.
Or you can look for alternative in FX lens

Thanks guys for the input. Will definitely consider 28 - 300mm. i have a 24mm 1.4G and a 14 - 24mm FX lens already. Just that for some automotive shots, i would really need a zoom lens. 18 - 200mm is very versatile, i can still shoot if the car is near to me or far away from me. However 28 - 300 hmm.... one positive i can think of is shoot further. Thanks :)

archon75 said:

Compare ur s5 with a d3100, it will also blow ur mind away .. haha

Well those new batch of D800/E doesn't seems to suffer from these issue now.

Don't wait just join the club of D800 hehe

If I join in, I'll be eating grass... ('0')
One question thou
I have 70-300 VR 4.5 - 5.6
Been using this on D300s.
Will this lens gives nice bokeh on either d6oo or d8oo / e ?

Last edited:
sikdik said:
If I join in, I'll be eating grass... ('0')
One question thou
I have 70-300 VR 4.5 - 5.6
Been using this on D300s.
Will this lens gives nice bokeh on either d6oo or d8oo / e ?

This is one of my favorite and most used lens. IMO, this lens works best when stop down by 2/3 or 1 stop. Therefore you will not be able to have bokeh that is comparable to the fast primes.

However to answer your question, you will see some visual improvement when you switch that lens to a FF camera. So at the same setting and FL, the bokeh will look better on FF. it does vignette abit though on FF, but not a problem for me. Still using it day in day out. A great lens for street photography when paired with the D600 :)

To my knowledge, 28-300mm is the same power as your 18-200mm fitted on DX Camera.

Thanks guys for the input. Will definitely consider 28 - 300mm. i have a 24mm 1.4G and a 14 - 24mm FX lens already. Just that for some automotive shots, i would really need a zoom lens. 18 - 200mm is very versatile, i can still shoot if the car is near to me or far away from me. However 28 - 300 hmm.... one positive i can think of is shoot further. Thanks :)