d80 + 50mm f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bro, is it true that kit lens with any filter will have more vignetting as compared to other lens like the tokina 12-24 or the 50mm f1.8

That is certainly true.. HOWEVER..

18~135 is more flexible than those other lens u mentioned.. walking around with that while traveling is alot better.

Considering the $$ u pay for your kit lens.. its among the best u can get in the market today.

Having said the above, I must say those lens you mentioned are great value lens.. should buy them all if budget allows. I've got the 18~135mm kit lens and 50mm 1.8. I'm seriously looking at tokina 12-24 and hope to buy one soon. :)

Is bro, is it true that kit lens with any filter will have more vignetting as compared to other lens like the tokina 12-24 or the 50mm f1.8
slight vignetting is inevitable in many lenses even on their own, using filters to cut down light will definitely escalate that a little.

after all lenses are curved elements no? :p with the centrespot being the sweetspot

26e28565.jpg

taken at f1.8 :p~

i LOVE this brand, and sesame-oil flavor :cool:

and to the TS: yes, do get the 50mm f1.8. wont regret :) its a fun piece of glass and bokeh is nice. price is great too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi guys

thanks for all the advice.

Have bought a 50mm f1.8 for 166 at cp.

cheers!

Will be going for a trip to US soon...

my setup currently is
- d80 + kit lens
- 50mm f1.8
- metz mecablitz 32z1
- crumpler 6 million dollar home.

damn..photography is fun but expensive...

I went to enquire on the polariser. I guess i learn something new. Its that for polariser, there are diff thread size for diff lens. so i guess if I buy, would you guys recommend I buy the polariser for the tokina 12-24( if i do get this lens) or do I just get 1 polariser for my kit lens will do?

Hi guys

thanks for all the advice.

Have bought a 50mm f1.8 for 166 at cp.

cheers!

Will be going for a trip to US soon...

my setup currently is
- d80 + kit lens
- 50mm f1.8
- metz mecablitz 32z1
- crumpler 6 million dollar home.

damn..photography is fun but expensive...

I went to enquire on the polariser. I guess i learn something new. Its that for polariser, there are diff thread size for diff lens. so i guess if I buy, would you guys recommend I buy the polariser for the tokina 12-24( if i do get this lens) or do I just get 1 polariser for my kit lens will do?

$166 including GST?????? :mad2:

166 is when u pay in cash. nope haven include

hi can the 50mmf1.8 af on a d40x?

any prime lens on d40x?

The prime lenses which can AF on the D40/D40x.
Sigma 30/1.4
AF-S Micro-Nikkor VR 105/2.8
AF-S Nikkor 200, 300, 400, 500, 600

Status
Not open for further replies.