D70S Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
litefoot said:
One more thing to add. If you:

1) Know the fundamentals of photography OR
2) You know nothing, just unpacked your new D70(s) out of the box and have not read your manual

Dun waste your time (and money) to attend the course.

Correction made. My apology.

if i am no 2, why it is a waste of time and money ?

rachelgal said:

Its like a crash course to me. If you dun know anything about your camera its hard for you to follow. At least go through your manual before you go.

rachelgal said:
it is available in major bookstore and magazine stand. It is called the HWM Meegaguide i think. I ordered mine for $12 online cos i am a HWM subscriber :)

http://www.hardwaremag.com/megaguide/

Yes, that's the one. Go grab it at least for the card reader if you dun have one. Oh, the card reader is made in Taiwan. Looks ok and not the cheapo type. Its free if you get it from MPH (maybe some book stores) but am not too sure whether you get the same offer through subscription though.

litefoot said:
Yes, that's the one. Go grab it at least for the card reader if you dun have one. Oh, the card reader is made in Taiwan. Looks ok and not the cheapo type. Its free if you get it from MPH (maybe some book stores) but am not too sure whether you get the same offer through subscription though.

Sounds like a steal with a card reader... is it USB 2.0??
:)

Zplus said:
Sounds like a steal with a card reader... is it USB 2.0??
:)

Let me check....

Yes USB 2.0, 4 slots -- SD/MMC/SM/CF/MS Power LED and individual Slot status LED.

Brand is Consus.

litefoot said:
Let me check....

Yes USB 2.0, 4 slots -- SD/MMC/SM/CF/MS Power LED and individual Slot status LED.

Brand is Consus.

Didnt know got SM slot..... hehe.

Anyway, thanks for the information. Wanted to get a card reader anyway and now come this good buy. Will get it tomorrow.

Regards,
tltan

tltan said:
Didnt know got SM slot..... hehe.

Anyway, thanks for the information. Wanted to get a card reader anyway and now come this good buy. Will get it tomorrow.

Regards,
tltan

Smart Media?

thank all. I believe that we can learn a bit here and there.

Missed the 8 oct.
Any more date for Oct?

Hi, i am a newbie and wondering just like donchua if there are any other dates in oct. Also crossing my fingers and hoping its happening on a weekend. :) Thanks in advance.

Also anyone can point me in the right direction, i would like to attend a basic course for medium format cameras too. Thanks.

snapit said:
Hi, i am a newbie and wondering just like donchua if there are any other dates in oct. Also crossing my fingers and hoping its happening on a weekend. :) Thanks in advance.

Also anyone can point me in the right direction, i would like to attend a basic course for medium format cameras too. Thanks.

Next date is 29 Oct as told.

where do i register?

rachelgal said:

Well, in my opinion, Litefoot is just trying to promote the sale of the photo book for what reason I do not know and try to discredit guru Steven.

I have went for Steven's D70 workshop and I find the $20 worthwhile. In fact, I am a bit slow in learning and I went twice. This is my own problem and I have no regrets going twice. Steven taught well and I find his lessons great. The main thing is I learn a lot from each session,and the good thing is there is no restriction how many times you want to go. I am a slow learner anyway.

If one can learn photography through books, then why the need for photo courses? Why doesn't Litefoot promote the book in other threads, like SLC_ Basic course etc, since Litefoot feel that reading that book is good enough?

Trust me, learning photography is a long path, which is what I realised.And I am glad that I have the chance to meet guru Steven and have him as my teacher. And I am also proud of his works. He did the coverpage for Silkair's inflight magazine Silkwind for 2 issues in a row, Sept-Oct as well as Nov-Dec!;)

I have told him not to be bothered by comments made in clubsnap. Just continue to do what you are good at, Steven. The group of us (myself, Eve, John, Tuck Loong, Vincent, Sherlyn, Candice etc) will always support you. We are eager to wait for your next solo exhibition.

Real gold is not afraid of fire. :bsmilie:

litefoot said:
Its like a crash course to me. If you dun know anything about your camera its hard for you to follow. At least go through your manual before you go.

Are you sure? I consider myself a very slow learner. I think Steven did a great job in teaching us how to operate the camera well, that is, if you follow his instructions. The workshop actual name is something like "Getting good shots with the D70/D70s". I personally feel that he taught too much for a mere $20, which is good for us though.

slow to join this thread but was wondering if there are any slots in nov or dec for this beginner course for D70s.

thanks.

Hi, I am also interested in this D70s workshop and would be very much appreciated if I can be accomodated in the coming session or any other future sessions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.