D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SkimMilk said:
Yup! I don't recommend getting this at all. U don't know how the battery is somemore.

Considering the price I don't think the battery is at all good. Still need minus off the grip and trays

is it safe to buy from audio house? i think they have stock for D7000 body.. but package with 50mm 1.8...

is it safe to buy from audio house? i think they have stock for D7000 body.. but package with 50mm 1.8...

definitely... but how much are they charging for it?

24mm. If its F/1.4G lagi better! but the AF-D F/2.8D works simply amazing at a great value.

ever since i departed from using zooms (was previously using 11-16mm), have been in search for a usable wide angle prime for my D7k, and this 24mm falls in nicely for my usage. despite some ppl complaining CAs etc, i find it no problem and the exceptional lightweight lens is pretty good to travel with.

oh yea, D7k owner since last year... :D

PS: and i was considering the 50mm F/1.8G previously, but went with a 40mm F/2.8G Micro that loses the F/1.8, but is the ideal choice for anyone who is torn between 35mm & 50mm.

Yo Bro, you use your 24mm to shoot landscape or people?? Looking for a mid tele to shoot event.... but was thinking if 24mm can do the job, then can save $$$ and weight..... my D700 already heavy.... did try the 24-70... good but weigh a ton.... will kill me before I finish shooting....:devil:... but in any case, not justify to pay so much as I not making $$$ out of it.... the damn Tamron 24-70 taking its time to come.... kind of a dilemma.. :rolleyes:

Currently, only have the 50mm... will likely get the 85mm..... so looking for a wider lens to cover mainly events and maybe sometime landscape.....

Last edited:
Everyone, I wish to buy a telephoto Len with 300-500mm or any recommend Len for birding intact with d7k?

count me in...
just got D7000 body + 50mm 1.8D(Im selling this)

Yo Bro, you use your 24mm to shoot landscape or people?? Looking for a mid tele to shoot event.... but was thinking if 24mm can do the job, then can save $$$ and weight..... my D700 already heavy.... did try the 24-70... good but weigh a ton.... will kill me before I finish shooting....:devil:... but in any case, not justify to pay so much as I not making $$$ out of it.... the damn Tamron 24-70 taking its time to come.... kind of a dilemma.. :rolleyes:

Currently, only have the 50mm... will likely get the 85mm..... so looking for a wider lens to cover mainly events and maybe sometime landscape.....

I used it for both landscape/walkaround and a little for human (not a fan of human portraiture), since you are on D700 the 24mm is really quite wide for landscape unlike mine which converts to 36mm, initially could not get used to it since I moved from a UWA. But the bokeh, AF speed, light weight which eliminate the need for high ISO or VR makes it the ideal lens for me, not mentioning the price!

I presume you had the D700 + 50mm + upcoming 85mm? If you don't mind the hassel of changing lens, I see no point in getting the $2+k 24-70 since we ain't making money from it. :devil: The weight does matter!

and........ 52mm filters ND/CPL/GRAD are wayyyy cheaper than 77mm.... wahahaha :thumbsup: but such filters normally come in 77mm... shrugs!

kero89 said:
I used it for both landscape/walkaround and a little for human (not a fan of human portraiture).......

I presume you had the D700 + 50mm + upcoming 85mm? If you don't mind the hassel of changing lens, I see no point in getting the $2+k 24-70 since we ain't making money from it. :devil: The weight does matter!

Haaaa very rite bro... Although very gian the 24-70 Nikon.... The price is really out, cannot justify.... Ya, I have the 50, 85 and a manual 105 to play play.. Haaa

Any case, I got a Tokina 24-70f2.8... Those older version... AF a bit slow and tend to hunt in dark area... But for the price, okay lar, use first.. Haaaa... Later the Tamron 24-70 come out see how... If cheap and good, then change...

Hi D7k friends,

Recently I'm facing a problem with my shooting,
that is when I review my shooting in my D7k, the photo's color is very nice, fresh, colorful.
But after i transfer to my laptop and using NX View to view again, the color become very gloomy.
at least different 30% - 50%.
Any have a idea abt this issue??

Could be that your screen is not calibrated.

Hi D7k friends,

Recently I'm facing a problem with my shooting,
that is when I review my shooting in my D7k, the photo's color is very nice, fresh, colorful.
But after i transfer to my laptop and using NX View to view again, the color become very gloomy.
at least different 30% - 50%.
Any have a idea abt this issue??

laptop screen not calibrated / old / brightness got adjusted somehow?

Have just sent my D7000 for general servicing, I posted quite some time ago that initially just wanted sensor cleaning but the CS suggested a general servicing instead..ended up they replaced the mirror to solve the oil leaking problem..

now I just notice all my photos constantly got hot pixel on the same spot..I have tried to off the camera for a while but this still happen..I don't even shoot long exposure..

anyone got this kind of problem before?any idea how to fix this?

cirenaiht said:
Have just sent my D7000 for general servicing, I posted quite some time ago that initially just wanted sensor cleaning but the CS suggested a general servicing instead..ended up they replaced the mirror to solve the oil leaking problem..

now I just notice all my photos constantly got hot pixel on the same spot..I have tried to off the camera for a while but this still happen..I don't even shoot long exposure..

anyone got this kind of problem before?any idea how to fix this?

What's the price for general servicing?

pbear1973 said:
Sounds like it. The D7000 is still king of the prosumer Nikons, so the prices shouldn't be that low.

I thot so too. And coincidencely, those selling cheap dont usually put their contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.