D7000 Sensor Cleaning

Alternatively...learn to do wet cleaning yourself...its so much cheaper...
dont worry so much about touching the sensor...just dont be dumb to use sharp object scratching it..

Maybe you can try using the in camera sensor cleaning function. If camera is still under warranty just bring it there and say that there is dust in the sensor. I did so the other time and they did not charge me.

Alternatively...learn to do wet cleaning yourself...its so much cheaper...
dont worry so much about touching the sensor...just dont be dumb to use sharp object scratching it..

I think wet cleaning is a skill that you must have if you frequently shoot at small apertures or change lens.

At first I was quite "ball-less" to try my own wet cleaning. But I was telling myself what the heck. With the money spent on 5 times of sensor cleaning with NCS, I can actually buy myself a wet cleaning kit to clean my own sensor for more than 20 times.

Most important task before wet cleaning is to use a good blower to blow any dust particles off the sensor first. My method very kiasu. I will close all my room windows, turn off fan and aircon then blow very hard before commencing wet cleaning.

Went to NSC, explain the situation - I clean the lens, then pop on a 50mm, and start to shoot without taking the lens out. After 200 plus shots, specks begin to appear again. They say they need more time to check... Was ok with me as long as I get it back by jan 10 or latest jan 14. They say not possible, and parts are low and not sure if they can get it in time.. So they say come back in after my trip, so will see how it turns out.

Alpc said:
Went to NSC, explain the situation - I clean the lens, then pop on a 50mm, and start to shoot without taking the lens out. After 200 plus shots, specks begin to appear again. They say they need more time to check... Was ok with me as long as I get it back by jan 10 or latest jan 14. They say not possible, and parts are low and not sure if they can get it in time.. So they say come back in after my trip, so will see how it turns out.

There are leaks in the weather sealing that bring dust right to ur sensor??

There are leaks in the weather sealing that bring dust right to ur sensor??

Not sure, could be oil spots from the assembly... Anyway, now must go get cleaning solution and bring them on the trip - Lots of sensor cleaning to be done during the trip. Hopefully i remember to check the sensor every night.... hahahha

Alpc said:
Not sure, could be oil spots from the assembly... Anyway, now must go get cleaning solution and bring them on the trip - Lots of sensor cleaning to be done during the trip. Hopefully i remember to check the sensor every night.... hahahha

Dun clean ur sensor too often..... Especially liquid treatment.
I would just do blow off treatment once in a while. Wait till there's more than toleratable amt of dust then I'll go NSC for a spa for my camera body.