D700 price cut?

So what is the best street price of the D700? I asked a popular shop and was told just slightly above $3K. Just wondering if it will drop any further before I pull the trigger.

So what is the best street price of the D700? I asked a popular shop and was told just slightly above $3K. Just wondering if it will drop any further before I pull the trigger.

The way I see it, you are already waiting, no harm waiting till 22 March then make a better informed decision. The price will not likely go up for the D700, so odds are, it maintains or drops. IF the price of D800 is too high for most people, then they will get the D700. If the price is low, then most will not bother with D700 and go straight to D800. So why the agony?

The way I see it, you are already waiting, no harm waiting till 22 March then make a better informed decision. The price will not likely go up for the D700, so odds are, it maintains or drops. IF the price of D800 is too high for most people, then they will get the D700. If the price is low, then most will not bother with D700 and go straight to D800. So why the agony?

It's decision making, no agony. Why wait till 22nd March? Does Nikon adjust the price only when the new body is launched?

obfuscate said:
It's decision making, no agony. Why wait till 22nd March? Does Nikon adjust the price only when the new body is launched?

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it's not even Nikon itself adjusting the price. Some shops may wanna push thr sales of older products before no one wants it anymore. Though this shouldn't happen for D700, but D3x is a hohohoho.... old timer with overpriced price tag.l

As what Cowseye said.

DD just bump up the price of D700 to 4139 on the sg site then 2099usd on the intl site.. Sigh.. :-(

Guys,

New D700 selling at $2890.

Kaldobaka said:
DD just bump up the price of D700 to 4139 on the sg site then 2099usd on the intl site.. Sigh.. :-(

Don't go DD for D700. Local sets are going at $3050. Our northern neighbour even lower..

So far, no stock at one Plaza since checked last weekend... JB or maybe entire MY experiencing D700 drought... Those have stocks, the prices are probably too high...

LoL , I just got myself a good deal .

I got a rich friend. Just bought his D700 in less than 3 days want to sell it.
I am not choosy. So I buy from him.

To me not virgin is ok.
I take it as new !
Still the same enjoyment !

Cheers.

To me not virgin is ok.
I take it as new !

Cheers.

Well, that does not count as price drop then? In that case, you shouldn't say that price has dropped. That would send some people on an unnecessary wild goose chase.

Even so, the price across the border is much cheaper than that, brand new, btw...

But people here enjoy chasing goose lei ...

you shouldn't spread such baseless information in ClubSnap. it is very misleading.

if you think that it is funny and worth a laugh as members here go on your 'enjoy chasing goose', pls go elsewhere and take your brand of humour with you.

please share only as relevant and accurate an information with members here as possible.

Cheesecake said:
you shouldn't spread such baseless information in ClubSnap. it is very misleading.

if you think that it is funny and worth a laugh as members here go on your 'enjoy chasing goose', pls go elsewhere and take your brand of humour with you.

please share only as relevant and accurate an information with members here as possible.

No point being mad. I believe this should be his 4th incarnation in CS liao

Ok, it was a bad joke.

Anyway, want to make friends here not enemies.

Hope no bad feelings here.

:)

Ok, it was a bad joke.

Anyway, want to make friends here not enemies.

Hope no bad feelings here.

:)

no hard feelings.

just that we should all strive towards a better informed and helpful forum instead of misleading other members with half-truths and false information.

all CSers have a part to play to make this forum more informative and educational for all members.

Guys,

New D700 selling at $2890.

To me not virgin is ok.
I take it as new !

Cheers.

spreading false information and misleading other forum members are consider malicious act.

infraction issued.

This kind of reply, this kind of bogus messages. I'd seen many coming from very few individual. One after another, but nvr together in the same period. I've not been here long enough to know before 2010, but I had seen the same tone, same habit under 4 different names. Once I seen his first few post I will ignore Liao. Let's get back to topic.

I doubt sg will face a drop in D700 price until D800 is readily available in the market. If u need one now, u try try ur luck in BnS or 2nd hand store. If u have contacts, JB sources might have but very limited. I miss a deal last weekend but lucky durian drop on me (metaphorically). A bro sold me his 3yr old D700 at a unbelievable price.