D600, D800 prices

Maybe because no stock again..... :(

I bought a PNS camera from Manly in Chinatown without any issues.
How come you all never try the eBay shop, Manly which is in Chinatown? I saw them listing the D800 at $3680 only 1-2 weeks ago.

I'm very sure feels the same way. That's is indeed a ridiculous price simply because that was the price emblef had just got. i.e very recently.

If you read my post carefully, i was responding to Nostagia's statement "Quoted even more expensive than the very 1st batch?" This is not true because the majority of early batches were sold at $4488 or even higher.

Last edited:
For anyone going up North to Penang, selling price for the D600 body is $6600 ringit. At yesterdays rate from the money changer. this translates to S$2690. Includes a bag (don't know what type as I didnt get to see it) and 2 x 8GB SD card (agian didn't ask what brand or speed).

Shop is Foto President. Might be able to get a little cheaper is bargain hard.

For anyone going up North to Penang, selling price for the D600 body is $6600 ringit. At yesterdays rate from the money changer. this translates to S$2690. Includes a bag (don't know what type as I didnt get to see it) and 2 x 8GB SD card (agian didn't ask what brand or speed).

Shop is Foto President. Might be able to get a little cheaper is bargain hard.

bro, at that price, I think we might just buy local set.

Actually I post this info in the other thread. Since this thread is more focus on "Price", I repost in here again.

FYI, the D600 price in jakarta is Rp. 19,000,000 ( around SG$2,490 with CIMB rates ). The source is:

tokocamzone

Not sure if you can claim the VAT when you shop at Jakarta. The bureucracy is quite messy over there.

One thing for sure is that dSLR prices will drop, in a matter of months. Depending on whether you wanna to have it right now, or you already have a cam to play with and not in a hurry to rush in with the crowd.

I suppose those who are in for this cam are those who are upgrading from DX. It ain't a matter of missing some great photo opportunity just becos you dun have this cam. Depending on your point of view, the diff between DX and FX - some consider it marginal, some consider it a quantum leap.

bro, at that price, I think we might just buy local set.

Yeah. There is not enough price difference to make it really worthwhile to make a trip up north to buy. But if already in Malaysia, can buy if warranty is not a concern

:)

Just got my D600 for $2650 Cash include GST and 1 pc of 8GB Card ;)

Die Hard said:
Just got my D600 for $2650 Cash include GST and 1 pc of 8GB Card ;)

Great price. Congrats.

For the price difference of $1k, why not go for the best?

For the price difference of $1k, why not go for the best?

Well it depend how they value the gain on the higher model.
For some 1k is too much for the gain but other will find that its very small amount and prefer to go for the better in that case.

Hi guys, can anyone suggest a shop in KL?

tks in advance

Eddy1 said:
Hi guys, can anyone suggest a shop in KL?

tks in advance

Why not go to JB Angsana shopping mall?
Over there have fews shop is selling cheap & good.

Why not go to JB Angsana shopping mall?
Over there have fews shop is selling cheap & good.

thank you for your reply, but i'll be in KL on a biz trip and in the meantime i wouldn't mind having a look around...

Last edited: