D50 or KM5D

Which do u think is a better buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatjp said:
Get what you can afford. What bad or good is up to you to over-come and take advantage.

Me using D50, find it having what i need but lack of vertical grip cos i take portrait.

+1 to D50, but seriously get a 350D or a D2X will bring you a longer way ;p

Personal view :cool:
It doesn't LACK a vertical grip, it's design was MEANT not to have a vertical grip in the first place. As mentioned, you want a camera with vertical grip, you have the D100 and D200 as options. :rolleyes:

And pray tell, how will getting a 350D or D2X bring you a longer way? :rolleyes:

setiardi said:
I'll vote for KM5D. Even though Canon & Nikon have a very extensive lens range, only a few can afford it. Let alone those IS or VR range.

Anti-shake for a camera system is very useful feature if not important. Picture quality, I won't go there bcoz thats's very subjective.

Again, for those who make money out of photography or grow money, for the bulk of us, IMHO, can't afford such lens.

I wonder why Canon & Nikon don't have such feature? IMHO, should be business orientated.
My only concern is Konica Minolta has been bought over by Sony. It's future is still uncertain at the moment. Again, I believe, Sony should decided from the business aspect of things.

My 5 cents. :confused:
KM is not bought over by Sony. Its a partnership with Sony.

setiardi said:
Don't want to get bombard here. Sony NOT taking over KM but only to co-develop DSLR.

Read Here : Sony, Konica Minolta cooperate on DSLRs

But rumours among owners is rampant because of their poor business result.

Read here : Konica Minolta sees big loss, steps up restructuring

Heard Nikon D2X sensor co-develop by SONY. What are they up to? Anyway I'm still for KM5D.

Ok ... that's what we all know.

.... so perhaps the 9D will use Memory Stick!

fatjp said:
Get what you can afford. What bad or good is up to you to over-come and take advantage.

Me using D50, find it having what i need but lack of vertical grip cos i take portrait.

+1 to D50, but seriously get a 350D or a D2X will bring you a longer way ;p

Personal view :cool:

care to explain what you mean by longer way?

KM5D for me too! I just bought mine:)

espn said:
Take the same pic using a pro grade glass, zoom in 100% and you'll start seeing differences, judging images at 100% view resized doesn't show much. If you can handle the camera, any camera can produce the images just as well. Canon, Nikon, Sony etc.

Of coz, I am sure no one look at 100% zoom in. When u are zooming in, you are not just comparing Lens but the camera noise performance and more. Are you sure those images can be duplicated using only kits lens by competitors and done with only sharpening without much processing? Perhaps you can show us those taken with kits lens which will impress us, please! :)

Simple logic..
Which features cost lots of money??
AS
low noise level at high ISO

Sharp image, depends on lens.. and I believe there are great lens from KM if you have the $$ :) but the good news is that you may not need to pay for high end lens for great photos.

KM5D or D50..
My vote goes to KM5D.. for a great value for money camera with high end features :thumbsup:

Still questionable on the image quality - check out minolta users threads.. lots of great shot with not so expensive lens..
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=152430
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=158476&page=5

Status
Not open for further replies.