D2x or D300 as Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My coverage would at most be used mainly for newsletter and web publication, not likely to be blown up, I am more an art person rather than a tech person, so I go more for mood and feel of the context rather than flawless images. In some way I still prefer some of my 1D2 images over most of my D700's, even the 4MP 1D seems to have more character. Burt that's just me, my editors may not share the same sentiment though. I intend to shoot RAW though its gonna be really crazy to process about 10 Days full of events....I still have time to ponder....

...thanks Ian for the input, maybe could get you to crit my stuff after the events...

Last edited:
My coverage would at most be used mainly for newsletter and web publication, not likely to be blown up, I am more an art person rather than a tech person, so I go more for mood and feel of the context rather than flawless images. In some way I still prefer some of my 1D2 images over most of my D700's, even the 4MP 1D seems to have more character. Burt that's just me, my editors may not share the same sentiment though. I intend to shoot RAW though its gonna be really crazy to process about 10 Days full of events....I still have time to ponder....

...thanks Ian for the input, maybe could get you to crit my stuff after the events...

Process daily is the key to keeping the numbers in check and don't be overly trigger happy. I'll be happy to critique some of your work.

DSC0108.jpg

Last edited:
In favour of the D300 - smaller, lighter somewhat more vivid colours (over saturated TV like colours).

Ultimately it's up to you, go with the body you like the feel of most.

I throw in the D2XModeI picture control and it works great for me. On my D90, I use Portrait picture control since it's supposed to be very close to D2XModeI. Maybe Danntbt might want to try the Portrait picture control on the D700 as well. I shoot almost purely JPEG. I'm old school and I believe in getting it right during the shoot. Post should only be used for subtle tweaks in which case JPEG more than suffice.

Last edited:
...hmmm got bump off on the project, but will probably be looking at getting a second body anyway.............quite likely will go for D2x as never quite get the satisfaction out of my D700 in terms of shooting experience as a whole, though the images are quite good.

I support using D300. D2X was past, though look pro. You can use D2 picture control on D300, furthermore D300 has a better screen and flexibility in term of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.