D for Dilemma! D700 or 5Dm2?

can't go wrong with any of the above

you do not choose the camera
the camera will choose you
go to the shops and molest both, one of them will say take me home

BTW I am a nikon user, i would believe the D700 replacement will also have video
don't you just love competition? :)

Oh yea. Price drop on older models :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I vote for Nikon D700 + 24-70 f/2.8
Nikkor has excellent f/2.8 lenses. I also love the built and the AF system on D700.

I think that will be a better combi as compare to 5D MK ii kit if you don't need the video recording and the 21mp.

If you are worrying abt the new models coming out to replace, then get a D3.

Getting a semi-pro body is one, you will also need to consider getting good lens along with it.
You will need to do you sums carefully, else you ended up having a good body but not-so-good lens :D

Thanks to all for your comments.

If you prefer primes (like f1.2 lenses and superteles) then Canon.

But if you prefer wide angle zooms (like 24-70 and 14-24) then Nikon.

TS - the mega pixel count and video ability aside, both camera are really equal as a photo taking machine. the things u can consider will be then lens u will want, canon got more choice, nikon got nice lens design (this is abit personal feel, own the 24-70 and i like the grip and control, very confortable)

consider your budget u willing to spend on the new gears and future.

canon's L lens got like 2 grade to choose from the constant F4 or F2.8 while nikon only have the expensive F2.8 choice. but if u got the $ and dont want to regret in terms of IQ, u normally end up with F2.8 in the end.

Thanks An drew and nixontkl

Make sure not to limit yourself though. The Viewfinder and ergonomics on the A900 (which has essentially the same sensor as the D3X) are excellent too. :)

Getting a semi-pro body is one, you will also need to consider getting good lens along with it.
You will need to do you sums carefully, else you ended up having a good body but not-so-good lens :D

Hi lloh 108,

Envy your gears. Questions:
1. The outer glass of the 14-24 f2.8 seems to be protruding out of the egde. Is there an UV filter available in the market to go with the lens?
2. For the 70-200 f2.8, is there any difference between the black and the off-white colour?

Thanks and Regards

Make sure not to limit yourself though. The Viewfinder and ergonomics on the A900 (which has essentially the same sensor as the D3X) are excellent too. :)

Thanks Rashkae.

Read the review from Imaging Resource, the design of the Zeiss 24-70 f2.8 is fantastic.

1. The outer glass of the 14-24 f2.8 seems to be protruding out of the egde. Is there an UV filter available in the market to go with the lens?

No...........

That means Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 users have to be very careful. Hope the petal hood will help....
Thanks An drew!

That means Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 users have to be very careful. Hope the petal hood will help....
Thanks An drew!

the filter use by this 14-24 lens is those slot in filter at the back of the lens and not at the front like every other lens. and the lens cap is not a cap its a cup.

the filter use by this 14-24 lens is those slot in filter at the back of the lens and not at the front like every other lens. and the lens cap is not a cap its a cup.

Noted. Thanks Nixontkl

Have decided finally and make a purchase. In order not to disappoint some of you, I shall not disclose what I have purchased in this tread.

Thanks to all brothers and sisters who have responded and given your advice. Thank you.

Have decided finally and make a purchase. In order not to disappoint some of you, I shall not disclose what I have purchased in this tread.

Thanks to all brothers and sisters who have responded and given your advice. Thank you.

Look like we would not be knowing your final purchase... :bsmilie:

ain't it nice to close another thread ;)

yeah, +1 stick with alpha, a900 is a good camera, or get a850 :) sony IQ is almost one of the best... u can check 3 review of this cam here http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/12/sony-vs-nikon-v.html :)
This is an almost 1 year old thread and TS has already indicated he has bought the camera last June. A quick look at TS profile, he has not visited CS since Jan 2010 so he should be happily snapping away with whatever he has bought.