Curious Cat

Ianyw

Apr 3, 2011
Bukit Panjang
1.In what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, Exposure

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Thought of the the phrase " Curiousity kills the Cat" when I notice this scene thus was hoping to convey the cat's curiousity in this photo :)

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Cloudy mid-day, Natural lighting, Fishing Village

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Using the lines to direct attention to cat, Showing contrasting details of cat and surroundings

Curious Cat | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

help u post your photo:

6676088531_a7ce0e195b_m.jpg

IMO, no complains about composition. In fact no complains for me, this photo works well! nice job! i always love to see cat photos.

Last edited:
Thanks for comment and helping me to post photo. :)

I think the composition with the lines does work well creating a frame for the subject. The contrast of orange on the grey also helps the "pop" Personally a little under exposed for me and can also work in a b/w pic if processed well :D

I guess whil technically good I don't really get the curious feel? Seems more of that "what are you doing here??" look IMO

Haha. Thanks for the comment. Kinda think of it, the cat seems kinda fierce. LOL. As for the under exposed part, I thought that by underexposing only will the contrast and texture be more define. Maybe I've overdone it. Sigh.
Anyway, Thanks once again and I will take note of all the comments here to improve on my skills and techniques :)

Exposure is fine to me.

If its way too dark on your screen maybe check your monitors and recalibrate if needed?

No complaints with this pic from me. Its not easy to find a cat pic that obviously says 'curious' anyway, and if you have one that can be a real sale-able stock photo.

I'm a cat lover and this photo works for me. Nice expression u capture there.

Exposure looks fine on my monitor too. The cat doesn't look curious though, more like cautious to me.

Thanks all for ur valuable comments. Hope to take better photos and share it here in future. Thanks :)

Der-826.jpg

this is my curious cat... :)

Haha. Nice capture. The facial expression of the bride is like shocked while the ppl around her are like laughing. :)

I like the way the cat's orange coat contrasts with the dark background.

I like the way the cat's orange coat contrasts with the dark background.

:) I didn't really notice it!

Last edited:
The wedding took place at the Hemingway House in Key West. These cats have 6 toes! Not kidding! Hemingway found them and bred them!

help u post your photo:

6676088531_a7ce0e195b_m.jpg

IMO, no complains about composition. In fact no complains for me, this photo works well! nice job! i always love to see cat photos.

Thanks!

1.In what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, Exposure

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Thought of the the phrase " Curiousity kills the Cat" when I notice this scene thus was hoping to convey the cat's curiousity in this photo :)

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Cloudy mid-day, Natural lighting, Fishing Village

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Using the lines to direct attention to cat, Showing contrasting details of cat and surroundings

Curious Cat | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You are right. The cat wasn't relly curious. It was cloudy, close to sunset. Natural light.