CRUMPLER bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
rokieto said:
Try URBAN EQUIP....sports connection in-house brand.....stock running low....ask to see the quality of the non-camera bag if the camera haversack is out of stock....

can put laptop like the crumpler ones, main compartment zip is under the straps & the camera compartment is at the bottom...with adjustable velcro flaps....can put EOS350D mounted with 70-300mm APO Macro DG plus another 3 or 4 lenses just keep the flashgun in the zipper pocket for accessory....if longer lense...detach the inner separator velcro flap....

quite compact & stylish....not so obvious as a camera bag....

very cheap $34 (after 50% promo)......good quality....who really needs a crumpler or lowepro?

which shop sell it?

yunghans said:
which shop sell it?

Sports Connection......try Lot 1 at Choa Chu Kang...or try call up the sports connection shops...warehouse no stock, so good luck.

ptan55 said:
TK is now selling the 7 million dollar bag for $140.
Just bought a red one today.

Nice guys... Decent prices but no bargaining with them.

Patrick

not true ah, just got the 7 million dolla bag for $135... actually i was going to bargain to 130 as listed in previous posts, but i thought he said 125 so i didnt bargain further hahaha... i only realized my mistake when i had to key in my nets pin and saw the 135 price haha stupid me, should haf listened closely to what he said hahaha

how are the crumplers compared to the lowepros ?
anyone have both ?

rokieto said:
Sports Connection......try Lot 1 at Choa Chu Kang...or try call up the sports connection shops...warehouse no stock, so good luck.

OT abit...

Hey... thanks for the recommendation.... I managed to get a piece. The design is very obviously Crumpler... but quality wise will lose out to Crumpler (formal lounge). Well... you get what you pay....

I got it at Sports Connection, Shaw Towers. They have only 1 piece left, colour is black with red and grey i think. Not that great colour combi... ;p

According to the shop owner, no more stock coming in.

cikgoo said:
how are the crumplers compared to the lowepros ?
anyone have both ?

I find that the material used for Crumpler is better than Lowepro. Will tahan wear and tear better..... ;)

Chlee said:
OT abit...

Hey... thanks for the recommendation.... I managed to get a piece. The design is very obviously Crumpler... but quality wise will lose out to Crumpler (formal lounge). Well... you get what you pay....

I got it at Sports Connection, Shaw Towers. They have only 1 piece left, colour is black with red and grey i think. Not that great colour combi... ;p

According to the shop owner, no more stock coming in.

quality-wise may not be as good as crumpler or lowpro, but at a small fraction of crumpler/lowepro price, it serve a big fraction of the purpose. e.g. may not be as big, no tripod harness, not expansion attachment.

waterproofing should be reasonable (I wouldn't try though) unless you want to drench-test your gear in a crumpler or lowepro?

However, need to be careful with the velcro introducing foreign matter to your lenses. just make sure the separator flap & camera pouch velcro is not "operated" with gear inside, dust the whole bag before loading your gear. Remove your gear if you need to take out the pouch or tear the separator. Not necessary to operate the velcro that frequently anyway, as usage is mostly by zipper.

good for street photography or day-pack for travel (can carry a light jacket & stuff). help to distribute weight on your shoulders.
But for backpacking, shoulder bag may be better & more versatile.

I hope Sports Connection come out with more designs & improvements etc.
Good work Sports Connection!

rokieto said:
Try URBAN EQUIP....sports connection in-house brand.....stock running low....ask to see the quality of the non-camera bag if the camera haversack is out of stock....

can put laptop like the crumpler ones, main compartment zip is under the straps & the camera compartment is at the bottom...with adjustable velcro flaps....can put EOS350D mounted with 70-300mm APO Macro DG plus another 3 or 4 lenses just keep the flashgun in the zipper pocket for accessory....if longer lense...detach the inner separator velcro flap....

very cheap $34 (after 50% promo)......good quality....who really needs a crumpler or lowepro?

I have seen the urban equip version. I disagree that it is of comparable quality. the padding is very loose...compared o crumpler (which is very well stitched and firm)

virtuoso said:
I have seen the urban equip version. I disagree that it is of comparable quality. the padding is very loose...compared o crumpler (which is very well stitched and firm)

good quality enough to serve the purpose, not "comparable".

at such a price, the extra money can be put o better use e.g. batt grip, or extra batt, or EF50mm, monopod, top up for other lenses, etc.....

of course if can spurge, then can have the best of everything liao...:bsmilie:

Actually I walked with the urban backpack in light drizzle while in Germany... Cam & Laptop were dry when I pull them out...

any idea crumpler 4 millon dollar now selling how much? where to get to have better price?

rokieto said:

TATONKA! .....another option for those unwilling or unable to pay crumpler / lowepro price....saw this bag at Queensway shop ".....connection" forgot the name, but not related to sports connection...saw a black one, base camera compartment is wide but shallow (but no labtop compartment).....price $109 before discount....have a look at it & judge for yourselves.

sogetsu7 said:
any idea crumpler 4 millon dollar now selling how much? where to get to have better price?

philipcs said:
cathay photo still carry crumpler ?

If yes, how much for 5 million dollars?

many thanks.

CP no longer carry crumpler.

Try TK Photo

any more pricelist updates?

just bought 6 million dollar home, paid 140 something..

Guys, I was @ Crumpler Paragon some time back and was told by the staff there that the million dollar range has been discontinued. The new range/season should be out in the next few months' time.

Price and range is still unknown at that time. :dunno:

Wonder how the new design would differ from the million dollar range of camera bags. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.