Credit Cards ??

Singapore's situation is really that bad la. Asians still have the "spend within your means", "save for a rainy day" mentality. It's the angmo countries where people are using debt to fuel their spending.
I don't think so... Just think about how much debt the average singaporean is in... I remember reading an article in Straits Times recently about how much the insolvency rate has gone up, particularly amongst the under 35yrs old age group.

I don't think so... Just think about how much debt the average singaporean is in... I remember reading an article in Straits Times recently about how much the insolvency rate has gone up, particularly amongst the under 35yrs old age group.

agree with this. i know quite a number of adults who are facing credit card related debt from overspending.

looking around at the current generation, a lot are used to a lifestyle that is far more excessive than what they might earn when they step into the workforce.. increasingly at that.. i think this will only get worse.