Credit Cards, enlighten me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
spitfire said:
Tks.. normally how do they verify the bonus if it is performance based (variable) and its a new job?

they do not.

My experience with the various banks for credit card

Local Bank: UOB the best with range of items to redeem.

Foreign Bank: Citibank for their customer service.

Prefer Citibank to other banks, had bad experiences with local banks, whenever I dialled their hotline, I was put on hold for as long as 30 mins :bigeyes:

One advice to credit card holders, do not use it as a rolling facilities, the interest rate of 24% will KILL you, I have dealt with people who were made bankrupt, their household possessions seized and auctioned off, because they mismanaged their credit facilities. It is literally a nightmare!!!

Wow, its interesting this talk is still rolling on after a week. I've checked up the M1-Citibank card since i own 2 M1 lines but still undecided yet. Not signed up for any CC yet so far, but most probably will get get my Co's UOB corporate card just for convenience sake. ;)

And really for convenience...

I went to a KTV that didn't accept NETS and ended up having the girl pay first...(I've since not yet have the chance to return her the other half, :embrass: )

Now, some guys might be thinking its better to have such friends...than have a CC... :nono: :nono:

Sleepless said:
Wow, its interesting this talk is still rolling on after a week. I've checked up the M1-Citibank card since i own 2 M1 lines but still undecided yet. Not signed up for any CC yet so far, but most probably will get get my Co's UOB corporate card just for convenience sake. ;)

And really for convenience...

I went to a KTV that didn't accept NETS and ended up having the girl pay first...(I've since not yet have the chance to return her the other half, :embrass: )

Now, some guys might be thinking its better to have such friends...than have a CC... :nono: :nono:

Thats why i think even for my friends who cant hit $30k annual pay for Credit cards, I recommend them to get a Debit Mastercard at least.

UOB's Debit VISA Mini is Free if u have a UOB Savings account, no min salary req and no annual fees, and a host of priviledges like the Credit VISA mini.

After all if its for the convenience, a debit card will offer that as well, w/o getting u into a overspending spree.

Winston said:
Believe me, they DO, my fren applied with annual income of $29,729
less than $300 short of the $30,000 req for credit cards.

6 banks rejected it.
Even though its only $200+ diff, they say they cannot violate the MAS regulations.
like dat i need to wait a few more years liao... or get lucky and get a job with much higher pay :(

currently i'm using debit card to buy things from websites and sometimes sign for meals/etc.

Winston said:
UOB's Debit VISA Mini is Free if u have a UOB Savings account, no min salary req and no annual fees, and a host of priviledges like the Credit VISA mini.
that time they rejected my application for UOB debit visa mini coz i already own another debit card with UOB :(

MAS got a database which record every single credit card holder for all banks (local and Foreign bank).

Every single detail, even things like late payment, etc... this will be in your record. And every time you need to apply for a new card, they will go to that database to check your past record. If your record is no good, they might reject you.

Conclusion: Always late in time.

therat said:
MAS got a database which record every single credit card holder for all banks (local and Foreign bank).

Every single detail, even things like late payment, etc... this will be in your record. And every time you need to apply for a new card, they will go to that database to check your past record. If your record is no good, they might reject you.

Conclusion: Always late in time.

Yes yes its the consumer credit Bureau, and its not maintain by MAS actually.

U may obtain a copy of your credit worthyness report personally at the CCB in Shenton Way's SGX Center Level 2.

Or u may fill up a form at ANY Singapore Post Office and They will Mail it to you.

The Charge is $5.

If some bank/finanical insitution has done a check on u lately and rejected ur application for loan/credit card..etc
The report will be FREE, but FREE reports Must go to the SGX Center to collect.

If u do not understand what the report is talking abt, you can call someone in the Bureau, to make an appt to have someone explain to u personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.