Courts selling NEX-5ND at $1299

just now go HN west mall ask that guy say $1299 no price reductions no freebies... Think he see me not happy lol

Went HN at Millenia but says no stock.

any bros got insider info regarding promotion of the Nex-5ND price at the coming SITEX?
was holding back the purchase till now, in hope that can get better package at SITEX....

I think I will give the 5N a miss and wait for the 7.

Wondering when will it be out?

Not sure about SITEX deal but I believe that the previous HN deal mentioned in this thread is by far THE BEST! I am doubtful if you can even come close to that for SITEX! All the best with your shopping!

any bros got insider info regarding promotion of the Nex-5ND price at the coming SITEX?
was holding back the purchase till now, in hope that can get better package at SITEX....

FYI I have just bot mine at HN Novena Square 2. It is exactly the same package as mentioned before at 1219.

Not sure about SITEX deal but I believe that the previous HN deal mentioned in this thread is by far THE BEST! I am doubtful if you can even come close to that for SITEX! All the best with your shopping!

thanx for the reply bro, but seems that some of the bros couldnt get the same deal....
any "magic password" to say to them in order to get the same deal? LoL.....
gotta have backup plans if SITEX deal sux....

I think I will give the 5N a miss and wait for the 7.

Wondering when will it be out?

Not so simple bro, ...they are 2 different cameras, one is great for low light, High ISO shots (i.e: Indoors, Streetlight, No flash situations) and the other is a Hi-Resolution marvel (i.e: Landscape, Architecture, Macro, etc)

There are some things the 5N can do better than the 7 and there are others that the 7 can do better than the 5N so the question you got to ask yourself is - what are the "things" which I want to do with the camera ?

I currently got the 5N but I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of the 7 after which I'll see how it stacks against the A77 before deciding on which will be my hi-res monster. :bsmilie:

...but then again, maybe I should just wait for the FF SLT next year ! :dunno:

Last edited:
FYI I have just bot mine at HN Novena Square 2. It is exactly the same package as mentioned before at 1219.

Same package as below? If same package as below and SITEX no good deal can buy 1 liao.
- NEX-5ND Standard dual kit lens set
- Toshiba 8GB SD HC Class 10 card X 1
- Original Sony Case for the dual lens kit X 1
- Original Sony 16GB PRO-HG Duo X 1
- Extra original battery NP-FW50 X1 (so you get 2pcs total)
- Steinzeiser 49mm UV filter X2
- screen protector X 1

Not so simple bro, ...they are 2 different cameras, one is great for low light, High ISO shots (i.e: Indoors, Streetlight, No flash situations) and the other is a Hi-Resolution marvel (i.e: Landscape, Architecture, Macro, etc)

There are some things the 5N can do better than the 7 and there are others that the 7 can do better than the 5N so the question you got to ask yourself is - what are the "things" which I want to do with the camera ?

I currently got the 5N but I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of the 7 after which I'll see how it stacks against the A77 before deciding on which will be my hi-res monster. :bsmilie:

...but then again, maybe I should just wait for the FF SLT next year ! :dunno:

Thanks for the advice.

Despite both cameras belong to the same nex family with comparable high ISO shots, they serve the different needs of the users since the 7 has a higher MP with a added EVF. I'm attracted to the built in pop up flash and the dual dials. Anyway, i could live with the features of 5N since both cameras give clean shots and 5N has a slightly smaller body. However, with that many features built into the 7, I would expect the price to be significantly higher than the 5N and that's the only factor holding me back. Hence, I adopted a wait and see attitude before committing.

Anyway, Sony store quoted me $1299 for the dual kit 5N with free casing and 8Gb SD card (not sure about the class) and a 10% discount for the accessories.

Same package as below? If same package as below and SITEX no good deal can buy 1 liao.
- screen protector X 1

Package looks attractive especially with the additional original battery and filters.

Where to get this package? Price at $1219?

Last edited:
dreamer_toons said:
Package looks attractive especially with the additional original battery and filters.

Where to get this package? Price at $1219?

From what I was told, this package no more already. It was a below-the-line (ie. Non-advertised) promo at dat time.

From what I was told, this package no more already. It was a below-the-line (ie. Non-advertised) promo at dat time.
lets wait for Wishace to clarify. From my understanding $1219 still available but what package.

Got my 5N today from one of the Sony at Funan at $1195 with a 8GB card and the original carrying bag. Add $79 for the original battery.

Total $1274 with the accessories which I needs the most.

Noobody said:
- screen protector X 1

Yip, exactly the same except I got a 8G Memory stick instead of SD.

Initially, I was quoted 1170 w no freebies at all. Told the salesman that my fren bot at 1219 & showed him the list & said if he can do it, I will buy otherwise I will go to hougang branch. He called his mgt & I was given the deal.

Yip, exactly the same except I got a 8G Memory stick instead of SD.

Initially, I was quoted 1170 w no freebies at all. Told the salesman that my fren bot at 1219 & showed him the list & said if he can do it, I will buy otherwise I will go to hougang branch. He called his mgt & I was given the deal.

wat color(s) they had?