Converting to a Coded M Lens Mount

Feb 4, 2012
New York, USA
FYI, guys. Just wrote this up...

If you have a relatively recent Leica lens but it's not coded... You can either temporarily code it with a black marker - or permanently with a properly machined mount flange. The problem is, this procedure can be expensive and lay up your lens for many weeks.

Follow along with this illustrated HOW-TO to convert your lens using a third-party mount flange. $15 and 15 minutes is all it takes.

Double Negative said:
FYI, guys. Just wrote this up...

If you have a relatively recent Leica lens but it's not coded... You can either temporarily code it with a black marker - or permanently with a properly machined mount flange. The problem is, this procedure can be expensive and lay up your lens for many weeks.

Follow along with this illustrated HOW-TO to convert your lens using a third-party mount flange. $15 and 15 minutes is all it takes.

Too bad there's no 6 bit coding reference for my pre asph lux 35. Haha.

Too bad there's no 6 bit coding reference for my pre asph lux 35. Haha.

True, yeah. But if you experiment and use something close - it's usually good enough! I have my 35mm f/1.2 Nokton coded as a Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4. :)

Double Negative said:
True, yeah. But if you experiment and use something close - it's usually good enough! I have my 35mm f/1.2 Nokton coded as a Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4. :)

Can't use lux 35 asph codes, bro. Dun think will work well. Hmm. How would d nokton work since totally different lens design?

Leica M mount comes in 4 screws and 5 screws mounts, you need to get the correct 3rd party fabricated (with 6 bit code) mounts to carry out the conversion.