Conceptual Model of E-1 Successor

Status
Not open for further replies.
its still juz a "clay model", can't expect any specs. :bsmilie: hhhmm... why am i not impressed... :think: nothing is finalised yet. doesn't interest me since its not a working prototype, as good as not having any announcement... sigh...

Looking at the shape & the top LCD screen, it seems tat it won't have live view... I think so...

its still juz a "clay model", can't expect any specs. :bsmilie: hhhmm... why am i not impressed... :think: nothing is finalised yet. doesn't interest me since its not a working prototype, as good as not having any announcement... sigh...

I think it's like this...with the prototype Olympus will be listening to what people say about the design, and then (if the comments are worthy) modify the camera to those wishes; they did the same thing with the Olydak (the predecessor of the E-1):

The Olydak was a one piece body, the battery grip wasn't removable. Olympus listened to comments that said people didn't like the camera like that, that it would be nicer if the grip was removable. Well, Oly listened and we got a separate body and grip.

Now those who have seen pictures of the concept E-3 have said they don't like the design of its grip...maybe Olympus will change it in the release model.

My point is while Oly produces a concept body and listens to their users, other brands dictate what their cameras are, or they just keep bringing out the same boring style over and over again (whether the design works or not).

The battery grip like so big... so thick... then from the back it made the LCD screen looks so small... Why not be the first dSLR to have a 3.0" screen? ;p

Looks heavy. But then the E-1 is heavy too.

Edited.. added....

After a 2nd looked at it, it remind blu of a certain famous german car maker....:D nicely rounded.

The camera looks interesting, reminds me of the Stealth Bomber! It is the grip that is ugly.

Interesting contour, Oly is still designing something different from the main. Seems smaller and less external buttons than E-1. And where is the dial wheel control for circulating thro the focusing point like Nikon? (Is this correct? Don't own Nikon but think is a very useful and practical thing)

Hope they will have separate grip. Still weather proof?

It is definitely still weather proof... interesting that it has no mode dial and prob controlled by electronic buttons only or maybe because it is only a prototype made of clay. Going on about the grip again, it looks ugly but sure looks very comfortable to hold!

anyone notice about the lcd frame? it looks like:
1. foldable lcd screen
or
2. foldable lcd screen with live view

anyone notice about the lcd frame? it looks like:
1. foldable lcd screen
or
2. foldable lcd screen with live view

since it is a prototype, it could be "glued on" :bsmilie:

Remind me of Canon EOS 3 shape & contour..

I need only 10 MP, 5 fps, low noise on high-ISO performance, responsive camera like EOS 30D or Nikon D200, better AF performance on low light & more AF point..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=20200157&page=1

Take a look at this one... this guy suggests how the E3 might have liveview.. and from dpreview page, the top view of the protoptype maybe showing the mechanism involved for the liveview.

remember back not long time ago about the rumour that there is a E3 and also an E5 and the E3 has liveview.. :think:

I hope the ergonomics will be excellent like the E-1, or better.

I hope the weight of the camera will be heavy like the E-1. Good for balancing with the Platinum range of lenses.

I hope that noise can be an option. Sometimes having grain/noise is good. Especially in B&W photography.

I hope the E-3 has got excellent battery life. (See below).

I hope that the E-3 will break the 12Mp barrier. (Go as high as possible, good for the professionals needing the extra MP for print work).

I hope they do not implement the battery draining Live View in this camera. It's a nightmare for battery drain. There are prosumer models for this purpose. But then again, if they can overcome the battery drain by means of a more efficient circuits, by all mean.

I can only hope... ha ha ha...

I hope the price is good - :) Wonder what is the range? Hope it is not for the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.