Cloth Material for DIY studio light box

torque6

Jul 7, 2008
Instead of spending $40 on the 75x75x75 studio light box from Tagotech, I am looking to DIY a studio light box. Since box can be folded, so probably won't take up space as well.

Manage to get a box but I am not sure what material/ cloth; diffusor i should use on the 2 sides? Could someone help before i make my way to Arab street to buy some?

Thank you.

Instead of spending $40 on the 75x75x75 studio light box from Tagotech, I am looking to DIY a studio light box. Since box can be folded, so probably won't take up space as well.

Manage to get a box but I am not sure what material/ cloth; diffusor i should use on the 2 sides? Could someone help before i make my way to Arab street to buy some?

Thank you.
Welcome to CS :) Enjoy your DIY

thanks. Any idea what time of white cloth to use?

diffuser material should be fairly translucent... If you've seen the material on a softbox, then you'll know what I mean... :)
The background material can be much stronger and opaque...

Can check out Spotlight for materials.

Thank you.

the material is call Ripstop nylon cloth, can be found at some HDB shophouses around King Geoges 's Ave and Maude Road. where the shops selling nylon canvas as canopy.

a mini softbox @$40 is very cheap, by the time you come out the prefect DIY copy after beta 6, 7, 8, 9 it already cost more than $40.00.

don't waste time and money to DIY on low-cost item. if you really want to DIY a carton box softbox, just use tracing paper.

Benjamin, Zero

thank you guys.