Closing of National Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which main enterance u refering to? And when did u went down?
The enterance is at gate 1, near the West Enterance. Where the Gym is located.

The West Entrance... was it the gate to the Grandstand seats?
Me also blur liao. Heehee.. :sweatsm:

Just came back from National Stadium. No problem of entry. Just change for a pass with IC at West Entrance (under the Stairs, near offices) and enter through Gate 1.:)

Just came back from National Stadium. No problem with entry. Just change for a pass with IC at West Entrance (under the Stairs, near offices) and enter through Gate 1.:)

Been there this morning; just surrender your NRIC for a pass, and you are free to shoot to your heart's content (7am-7pm). The security guard passed me a leaflet on "General Guidelines for Photography/Filming in the National Stadium".

Among the personal safety guidelines, there is an instruction to seek further permission from the Singapore Sports Council if props are to be brought in (didn't specify still or live ones, incl models, I think).

For further clarification, there is a contact person named in the Guidelines; Mr. Paul Loh (paul_loh@ssc.gov.sg).

Enjoy, before the wet season disrupts your outing plan.

Been there this morning; just surrender your NRIC for a pass, and you are free to shoot to your heart's content (7am-7pm). The security guard passed me a leaflet on "General Guidelines for Photography/Filming in the National Stadium".

Among the personal safety guidelines, there is an instruction to seek further permission from the Singapore Sports Council if props are to be brought in (didn't specify still or live ones, incl models, I think).

For further clarification, there is a contact person named in the Guidelines; Mr. Paul Loh (paul_loh@ssc.gov.sg).

Enjoy, before the wet season disrupts your outing plan.

thanks man.. i can't recall if that's the west entrance. but i think that's the one with the gym cuz i saw ppl lugging towels. the guard din stop'em.

i'll try again tomorrow since it's rest day:D

Thanks for the update! I'll see if I can go down one day...

thanks man.. i can't recall if that's the west entrance. but i think that's the one with the gym cuz i saw ppl lugging towels. the guard din stop'em.

i'll try again tomorrow since it's rest day:D

The pass exchange is at the West Entrance where the covered car park and Singapore Sports Council is located. The gate to enter is called Gate 1 which is beside the West Entrance. Yup, the Family Fitness Centre is there too.

Do expect great company tmr, and most weekends & public holidays, as observed by the security officers.

i managed to get in yest w/o any hassle.. the guard told me for public holiday, it's 9-5 instead of the 7-7 opening hours. pretty nice, i'll make another trip cuz my batt wasn't full :sweatsm:

anyone else here went yest? not a lot of ppl i saw a group and some carry 1 dslr and 1 p&s each :bigeyes:

Yep was there yesterday morning till 1+pm and a few of us was carrying DSLR & P&S and some 2 DSLR :sweat: .

i managed to get in yest w/o any hassle.. the guard told me for public holiday, it's 9-5 instead of the 7-7 opening hours. pretty nice, i'll make another trip cuz my batt wasn't full :sweatsm:

anyone else here went yest? not a lot of ppl i saw a group and some carry 1 dslr and 1 p&s each :bigeyes:

Hi everyone, just fyi - I went for their public tour today. It was their first session, at 10am. The group comprised of 15 people. Meeting point is the West entrance and we started the tour at the Sports Museum and Hall of Fame. Then we moved on to the grandstand, and the private VIP lounge. After that, along the outside of the stadium to the East entrance, where we climbed the stairs to view the cauldron, floodlights, and scoreboard. Following that, a tour of the Sports Medicine Centre (a few of their facilities and a chance to meet any national athletes that are there), Kallang Athelete's Training Room (very 70s-looking gymnasium), walk along the old locker rooms, and another exhibition on the stadium at the end.

Entire tour takes about 2 hours. Photography is allowed throughout the tour, and they give you about 5 to 10 mins free-and-easy time at each stop to take pictures, or explore on your own. Best to go on a good weather day, because the tour won't include the floodlights and cauldron if it rains.

Hi everyone, just fyi - I went for their public tour today. It was their first session, at 10am. The group comprised of 15 people. Meeting point is the West entrance and we started the tour at the Sports Museum and Hall of Fame. Then we moved on to the grandstand, and the private VIP lounge. After that, along the outside of the stadium to the East entrance, where we climbed the stairs to view the cauldron, floodlights, and scoreboard. Following that, a tour of the Sports Medicine Centre (a few of their facilities and a chance to meet any national athletes that are there), Kallang Athelete's Training Room (very 70s-looking gymnasium), walk along the old locker rooms, and another exhibition on the stadium at the end.

Entire tour takes about 2 hours. Photography is allowed throughout the tour, and they give you about 5 to 10 mins free-and-easy time at each stop to take pictures, or explore on your own. Best to go on a good weather day, because the tour won't include the floodlights and cauldron if it rains.

How much is the tour?

The tour is free, but you need to call them to book your date and time. I posted up some details earlier in this thread. I'll post again -

Click this link for more info and the contact details
http://www.ssc.gov.sg/SportsWeb/upload/Stadium_Tour.pdf

Btw, for those of you taking bus no. 16 from East Coast, alight at the bus-stop after the Indoor Stadium, if you're coming from town/Suntec, alight at the first bus-stop after Nicoll Highway/Concourse. Nearest carpark is carpark A. The guide will greet you at the top of the big flight of stairs.

Edit to add: You won't get to climb the floodlights, but you can take photos from the foot of it.

Hey,

Does anybody knows the closing date of the competition? It says event in April, does it mean end of april is the last day?

Cheers

just called up pss.. for all those still interested, the lady on the phone says that the closing date for entries is 10 July .. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.