Circular Polarizer... How to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... I read much on the internet and in forums... best advice always stand 90 deg to sun.

One piece I cannot find good answers to is how to optimize rotating the CPL? Anyone care to share?

Hmmm.. one of the subtle things I picked up from reading one of the links.... which I would have missed and made this terrible mistake.

If you take panoramic photos (i.e. several photos stitched together), then don't use a polarizing filter. Each photo will be unevenly polarized and the skies in each will be impossible to match up.

Scroll down, in the Nikon posting there's a 77mm CPL II (IIRC, that's the slim version). The prices are still somewhat valid. Compare with the MO threads and you'll see that 77mm B+W still goes for about SGD 110. Check here. (MO saves the few bucks that go for shop rental and aircon.)

Thanks... I was looking for a 72mm CPL filter for my Canon 18-200mmIS lens... in the end I choose a Tamron which cost less than 20% of the listed price for the "B+W MRC 72mm CPL"... to me it is much more worth it... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.